Baseball: All-Pac-12 Honors Earned by Six Utes

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sophmore DaShawn Keirsey Jr. (21) during the University of Utah Baseball game against Washington State at Smith's Ballpark, Salt Lake City, UT, 4/29/17.

Photo by Adam Fondren/Daily Utah Chronicle

Sophmore DaShawn Keirsey Jr. (21) during the University of Utah Baseball game against Washington State at Smith's Ballpark, Salt Lake City, UT, 4/29/17. Photo by Adam Fondren/Daily Utah Chronicle

Adam Fondren

Adam Fondren

Adam Fondren

By Brittni Meservy

It was announced yesterday that center fielder DaShawn Keirsey Jr., pitcher Jayson Rose and third baseman Dallas Carroll were selected by the league’s coaches to the All-Pac-12 team for the second-straight season.

Keirsey Jr. who was injured in the final game of the season finished his year with a .327 batting average and he had 39 runs scored along with nine stolen bases to rank him No. 2 on the team in both categories. The sophomore also tied for third place in the Pac-12 in triples with five and he also tallied 71 hits to rank him No. 11 in the conference.

Rose, a junior who is draft eligible, earned eight wins over the season to tie him for the No. 4 spot in the league. Rose was ranked No. 7 in the conference with 82 strikeouts to his name. He had a 3.35 ERA that ranked him No. 11 and he held his competition to a .241 batting average that ranked him No. 9 overall.

Carroll has finished his time at Utah, but not before ending his final college year on a high note. During the regular season Carroll was hitting .369, and with 52 RBI’s, he ranked No. 4 in the conference in both categories. A .591 slugging percentage and .465 on-base percentage ranked Carroll No. 2 in the league.

Both Keirsey Jr. and Carroll were named to the All-Defensive Team. This was Keirsey Jr.’s second straight season being selected.

Three seniors also earned honorable mention honors. Pitcher Dylan Drachler, first baseman Hunter Simmons and shortstop Ellis Kelly.

@Britt_Colindres