Utah Divers Hit the Road to LA for the Trojan Diving International

By Ethan Pearce, Sports Editor

The University of Utah swimmers and divers hit the road to Los Angeles this weekend to take on the USC Trojans in the Trojan Diving International.

The Utes are diving all weekend long in LA, with the meet stretching over Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They will take on Pac-12 foe USC, the men’s third meet against Pac-12 opponents this year. The women will take on their fifth Pac-12 opponent.

USC has dominated the all-time series against the Utes. The men’s teams have met 12 times, of which the Utes have only won once. That win was in 2018. The women are 0-2 all time vs USC. They already saw the Trojans once this season on an earlier trip to Southern California on Oct. 12 while the men faced UC Santa Barbara that weekend.

This is only the second road trip of the season for the Utes. They won’t have another home meet until next month. After the divers head to USC, the swimmers will go to Atlanta, Georgia for the Georgia Tech Invitational the weekend of Nov. 22. The divers return home on Dec. 6 for the Utah Diving Invitational, and both swimmers and divers will be in action at home the weekend of Jan. 17.

The Utes are coming off wins against UNLV last week. On Nov. 1st at home, both the men’s and women’s teams captured victory in the water. The men won by a score of 186-108, and the women won 189-111.

Multiple opponents will be in attendance in LA this weekend. The Utes will look to build off a strong performance against UNLV, but there will be many tough opponents. Both USC’s men’s and women’s teams are ranked in the top 25 nationally, the men at 23 and women at 7. The Utes are set up to show what they can do and take some events this weekend.

@e_pearce_