Kiss off for an iPod

By Paige Fieldsted

Drool, embarrassment, ridicule and possible cramps — that’s what U students will have to go through to win an iPod.

The rules are simple. Teams of two will be required to hold an iPod case between each other, using only their mouths. The last team standing wins.

Mike Cherry, marketing manager at the U Campus Store came up with the idea for the “iPod Kiss-off” after watching YouTube.

“They did it at the University of Missouri and posted it on YouTube,” Cherry said. “It looked fun, so we decided to try it.”

The teams will be able to place the iPod case with their hands, but once the competition starts, the team that lasts the longest without touching the case or dropping it wins. Each team member will win a new 4GB iPod Nano.

“It is going to be a really fun, out of the ordinary and ridiculous event,” Cherry said.

Cherry encourages students not participating to come to the event, choose their favorite team and cheer their fellow students on.

“As people are encouraged, it makes it more fun-it builds spirit and brings students together,” Cherry said.

The competition is also likely to act as entertainment.

“It will be fun watching people drooling all over iPod cases,” said Ashley Danson, a U Campus Store employee.

Although the official entry deadline was Friday, Cherry said teams would most likely be able to enter until Oct. 30.

“We want to get as close to the 40 team limit as possible,” Cherry said.

The iPod Kiss-off event will be held Oct. 31 at noon at the U Campus Store, formerly known as the University Campus Bookstore.

“Come and watch,” said Becka Murdock, a U Campus Store employee. “It is going to be hilarious.”

Other events taking place at the bookstore on Halloween include a pumpkin carving contest, where the winning team will win a $200 Campus Store gift card.

For more information or to sign up, visit the customer service desk at the store.