New Music Monday: Candyland

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

CANDYLAND returns to SLC for Therapy Thursdays at SkySLC
CANDYLAND RETURNS Photo credit: SkySLC

You’ve heard of Candyland, but its not a board game this time.

If your Thursday, July 23rd looks dim and uneventful, this is your invitation to beat, step and big-room time.

DJ phenomenon Josie Martin (Candyland) returns to Salt Lake City on July 23rd for Therapy Thursday’s at SkySLC, sure to be a night of Electronic Dance Music (EDM) like no other. The show kicks off at 9:00 p.m., 21+. Tickets are available at http://tinyurl.com/CandylandSLC. #SKYSLC.

In anticipation of another amazing show, Candyland Tweeted the following to appreciative Salt Lake City fans: “Grab your tickets, and come rage with me cause I can’t think of a better way to spend your Thursday.”

It isn’t hard to find a good word about Josie Martin’s meteoric rise as a producer of something unique. I am already a fan, and I haven’t even been to a show.

YouTube comments from Candyland’s 2013 Salt Lake show ranged from “breathless” to “the best night of my life,” and her “Rage in Love” (Original Mix) is praised as a “Masterpiece,” on Soundcloud.com.

Josie Martin is an Isla Vista, CA native DJ and producer, who has LIT stages with awe-inspiring big room percussion since her start as a high-school sophomore in 2011. Candyland began when Josie was hired to DJ long-time friend Ethan’s 17th birthday celebration.

Described as a “fusion of hip-hop and EDM” by Stefani Graf at BroBible.com, the Candyland track rages on as a huge stand-alone sound that is not strictly Trap, Dubstep or Rap. Candyland is a mix that demands attention.

Martin was the first to win consecutive Beatport remix contests (with versions of Skrillex’s “Make It Bun Dem” and Bingo Players’ “Rattle” Isla Vista, wrote Eric Mitts of Recoil Magazine.

DancingAstronaut.com‘s Amanda Mesa describes the Candyland sound as, “Unmistakably designed for big rooms and peak hour time slots, it’s the kind of track artists reach for when they want to give the crowd a little shock value treatment.”

Alongside today’s emerging musical talent, Candyland is also a featured artist on FeedTheBeat.com, a Taco Bell promotional initiative started in 2006, that boosts exposure for new musicians by providing a national stage, free food and amplified social presence.

If you should have the night, then spend time breaking it with Candyland, at SKYSLC, a versatile 3-story space designed with your good time in mind.

A final word about about Thursday from Candyland – Five Minutes to Stage.

“When I’m onstage, it’s a totally different me, it’s like, I don’t know, it’s something I kinda can’t describe. I’m very quiet and shy, I’m very introverted, but when I’m on stage, its like, just exactly what I feel I should be doing.” (MySpace)”

/soundcloud.com/candylanddjs

https://www.facebook.com/CandylandDJs

@umoja4545

You can check out last week’s featured Monday artist here.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]