Utah Lacrosse Dominates Against Robert Morris

The Utah Lacrosse team made a statement win against Robert Morris this past Friday, defeating the Colonials 14-6.
Xiangyao Tang
The Utah men’s lacrosse lights the U after defeating the University of Vermont Catamounts at Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City on Feb. 24, 2024. (Photo by Xiangyao “Axe” Tang | The Daily Utah Chronicle)

The Utah Utes Lacrosse team (6-4) was able to set the tone in a huge win against Robert Morris  (3-7) this past Friday at the Rice-Eccles-Stadium on MUSS appreciation day. This was the second-lowest opponent goals allowed in the history of the team.

First Half

In the first half, the Utes were well-controlled. Jared Andreala came out aggressive, helping Utah receive the first goal honors in the first three minutes of the quarter. Tyler Bradbury scored three minutes after his teammate, however with the Utes allowing a goal before, the count went up to 2-1. After several more shots, Ryan Stines would find the back of the net with an assist by Bradbury. Another minute, Andreala would score his second of the game, making it 1-4 in the first quarter. Soon after, the quarter would end with Utah at four points, with Robert Morris at two.

The second quarter started with a great goal from Bradbury, marking his second score of the day. Utah defense became ambushed later in the quarter, as the Utes were struggling after being left down a man. The opposition scored back-to-back goals immediately after, making it a tied game at 5-5. In retaliation, Andreala grabbed his third goal right after, and was quickly followed by Freddie DiMarzo. And with that, the Utes went into the second half at 7-5.

Second Half

After a few minutes of play into the second half, Justus Peterson claimed his first goal, assisted by MJ McMahon. Utah got hit with two penalties just after, with an interference call and a push. Both teams struggled to score, with many shots getting close — but not in — and a post-shot hitting the post of the goal. After a slow quarter for the Utes, Andreala scored yet again with a pass from Carson Moyer, marking his fourth of the day. Just after, Moyer got his own goal to top it off. The quarter ended 10-6 in favor of the Utes.

The fourth started slow for the first five minutes, with a goal at ten minutes left from Jordan Hyde, assisted by Bryce Horton. Afterward, Stines snagged his second goal, and after a defensive-minded quarter, Hyde claimed a goal as well, with the assist coming in from Bradbury. With 27 seconds left in the game, Andreala nailed his fifth goal, hoisting Utah to 14-6.

Next Up

Utah’s next game takes the team on a road trip, as the team heads to St. Charles, Missouri to play Lindenwood on April 10th. You can watch the game online on the PAC-12 website.

@lukeeskinner