Letter to the Editor

By Scott Steffensen

I was appalled at the latest anti American act of the group Center to Prevent Handgun Violence, or CPHV. Massachusetts has become so extreme as to use the Consumer Protection Agency to force regulation on gun manufacturers, making it almost impossible for guns to be sold in that state.

The CPHV plans to use this tactic throughout the United States. Regardless of the will of the people, their views must be complied with.

The Constitution, in order to protect the freedoms of these people, established a Second Amendment. Most states have adopted this same protection. This gives us the right to have arms to protect our lives, property, and freedom, without interference from government.

What CPHV is attempting to do is make it impossible to legally buy an effective weapon, thus bypassing the Constitutional protections, circumventing the intent of our Founding Fathers, and endangering the freedoms of this country.

After all, who needs to challenge the Second Amendment when you can just make it impossible for anyone to purchase a reliable gun?one so harmless as to be useless? Who would buy a knife with a dull blade?

The purpose of this attack is to fulfill their agenda? disarmament?not the agenda of the people of this country as dictated by the laws voted on by our representatives, and not the intent of the Founding Fathers to maintain control of the government by the people.

What we have is a misguided abuse of the law. This does not strengthen America, but weakens and destroys it.

I’m sick of them pushing their Stalinist tactics on Americans against our will. I think they should be shipped out of the country to some Communist country where they can live according to the dictates of their hearts.

They try to justify their efforts as Adolf Hitler did?”for the safety of the people.” There is no crisis in America due to access to guns. This is trumped up. Accidental deaths by firearms unrelated to crime is very rare.

It is criminal use of firearms that is threatening the peace. Constant exposure to violence, ignorance of firearms, and the drug war should be our focus if we are to stop the killing.

We see among the drug culture and our children a total disregard for the lives of others and for the law. This is a societal ill that must be solved by a moral and free people.

We create order by enforcing law, not by removing the rights of good people. The latter is called subjection, something the Center to Prevent Handgun Violence is attempting to impose.

I would hope that all Americans recognize these people for who they are: elitists attempting to enforce their will on a free people in order to subject them to their misconceived ideas.

They do not earn the high road in this matter. They are the bottom feeders of the worst type.

Scott Steffensen

Sandy, Utah