Olympic Employment Rally

David Robertson already volunteered with the Olympics as a member of the National Organizing Committee. However, the University of Utah sophomore is looking to gain a little more experience in the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.

For this reason, David Robertson attended the Olympic Employment Rally, hosted by the Coca Cola 2002 Olympic Hospitality Program Thursday in the A. Ray Olpin University Union Ballroom.

&We want to give people a little&deeper education about our program,& said Denise Robertson, the Operations Manager for Coca Cola Salt Lake Olympic Programming.

Denise Robertson tossed out prizes for trivia questions, discussed the background of Coca Cola&s involvement in the Games, and then gave a presentation of the different employment opportunities available.

&Our staff is involved in every faction of the Games: administration, guest services, ticketing. It offers good exposure to other cultures,& she said.

Staff will work 10-hour days, making between $10 and $15 per hour.

Although a crowd of all ages appeared in the ballroom, Denise Robertson said the rally was largely targeted to students.

About 50 percent of the staff Coca Cola has already hired is made up of students, she said.

&We would like to incorporate people of all ages,& she said.

Rally staff estimated approximately 80 people turned in applications at the event. More employment opportunities may be available in the fall.