Events

April 13

There will be a discussion with participants in ?The Kotwara Project: The International Semester to India? at noon in Orson Spencer Hall, Room 255.

The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence will host a discussion on ?Exciting New Uses for Technology in the Curriculum? from noon to 1:30 p.m. in the Sterling W. Sill Center Large Conference Room.

Debra Rolinson from the department of chemistry will speak on ?Nanochemistry? at 1 p.m. in the Henry Eyring Building, Room 2006.

Frances Kamm, professor of philosophy and medicine at New York University, will speak on ?Trolley Problems and Non Consequentialism? at 3 p.m. in 334 OSH.

As part of the Coffeehouse Series, there will be an open-mic poetry slam at 8 p.m. in the A. Ray Olpin University Union Panorama Room.

April 15

Film Front will show the Vietnamese film ?Cyclo? at 7 p.m. in the OSH auditorium.

April 16

Irina V. Bodan, economist and international specialist, will speak on ?The Relationship of Politics and Economics in Russia? at 9:40 a.m. in 255 OSH.

Joseph Weller from Harvard Law School will speak on ?The Theological Significance of Legally Bound Prayer? at 3:30 p.m. in the Borchard Conference Room in the College of Law.

The Student Green Party will show the film ?Salt of the Earth? at 7:30 p.m. in the union Theatre.

April 17

Jouni Uitto from Thomas Jefferson University will speak on ?Molecular Genetics of the Cutaneous Basement Membrane Zone: Clinical Implications of Basic Research on Epidermolysis Bullosa? at 4 p.m. in the Eccles Institute of Human Genetics auditorium.

Edward Epstein will speak on ?Globalization and Economic Crises in Latin America? at 10:45 a.m. in 255 OSH.

April 18

Lora Knight, a doctoral candidate in history, will speak on ?Women and Eugenics: The German and U.S. Movements? at noon in Carlson Hall, Room 115.

Frank Fitzpatrick from the Huntsman Cancer Institute will speak on ?Inflammation and Cancer: Is There a Connection?? at 4 p.m. in the Huntsman Cancer Institute George S. And Dolores Dor Eccles Auditorium.

Alma Guillermoprieto, author and journalist, will speak on ?Intimate Relations: Domestic Servitude in Mexico and the United States? at 7:30 p.m. in the J. Willard Marriott Library Gould Auditorium.

April 19

Marty Stephens, Speaker of the Utah House of Representatives, will lecture on ?Meeting Utah?s Legislative Challenges? at 10:45 a.m. in 255 OSH.

David L. Watson from Kennecott Minerals, Co., will speak on ?Operations at Greens Creek Mine, Alaska? from 10:45 to 11:35 a.m. in the Engineering and Mines Classroom Building, Room 101.

Greg Roselle will speak on ?Patterns of Fluid Circulation Surrounding Cooling Plutons: The Influence of Surface Topography and Other Parameters? at 4 p.m. in the Intermountain Network and Scientific Computing Center, Room 110.

Page and Lynn Stegner, authors, will read from their works at 7 p.m. in the Sutherland Moot Courtroom in the College of Law.

Gershon Tenenbaum from Florida State University will lecture on ?Assessing Expert Decision Making in Sport: A Cognitive Approach to Dynamic Environment? from 7 to 8 p.m. in the Marriott Library auditorium.

April 20

Tetsuo Najita from the University of Chicago will speak on ?Translating the Untranslatable: Some Implications for Teaching Asian Civilization? at 10:45 a.m. in 255 OSH.

April 22

Film Front will show the Taiwanese film ?The Hole? at 7 p.m. in the OSH auditorium.

April 23

World Marketing Alliance will host a financial education seminar at 7 p.m. in the union Ballroom.

April 24

Wylie Burke from the University of Washington will speak on ?Screening for Iron Overload: Ethics and Efficacy? at 4 p.m. in the Institute of Genetics auditorium.

April 25

Wilfred Samuels, professor of English, will give a lecture titled, ??A Pantry Full?: Domesticity and Black Masculinity in Claude McKay?s Home to Harlem? at noon in Carlson Hall, Room 115.

Tian Xu from Yale University will speak on ?Tumor Suppressors and Mechanisms of Size Control? at 4 p.m. in the Huntsman Institute auditorium.