Campus Events

August 24

The School of Medicine is hosting a Dermatology Grand Rounds at 7:30 a.m. in Classroom D.

Redfest goes on from noon to 9 p.m. on the Marriott, Tanner and Union Plazas.

The Catholic Newman Center is hosting a lawn party with free food and a live band at 7 p.m. at the Newman Center.

August 25

The Orientation Office is hosting Plazafest, an annual festival featuring booths from campus organizations, student groups and departments with free food and live music from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Student Services Plaza.

The international sorority Theta Nu Xi is hosting an Informal Interest Meeting at 12:oo p.m. in Union 323 A and B.

August 26

The Catholic Newman Center is hosting a Mass on the Grass followed by a free lasagna dinner at 7 p.m. At the Newman Center. For more information, call 359-6066.

August 27

The Student Green Party is hosting a meeting to discuss community and political issues at 6 p.m. in the Union Theater. The Student Green Party meets every Monday night.

The Lesbian and Gay Student Union is hosting a meeting to provide opportunities for students to meet people, hear guest speakers, support students, watch free movies and become active in the community tonight at 7:30 p.m. in Union 411. Meetings are held every Monday night.

Attend a session of Red Butte Garden?s Summer Sunset Series with Rainbow Factory Show between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. at the Visitor Center.

August 28

The College of Engineering is hosting its Student Council brownbag meeting for any interested engineering students from 12:05 p.m. to 2 p.m. in the Merrill Engineering Building.

August 30

The Center for Ethnic Student Affairs is hosting a welcome barbecue at the American Indian Resource Center located at 622 De Trioband Road at noon. Please RSVP at 581-7329.

The Tanner Humanities Center and Professor Larry Gerlach are hosting a series of lectures on Olympic history. The first lecture is at 7:30 p.m. in the WPRA in Orson Spencer Hall.

September 7

The department of philosophy is hosting a national forum titled ?Feminism, Multiculturalism and Group Rights? today between 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. in the Alumni House, located at 155 South Central Campus Drive.