Campus Events

By , , , and

September 28

The Hinckley Institute of Politics is presenting Sidney Rittenberg, who will speak on ?Contemporary China? at 10:45 a.m. in Orson Spencer Hall 255.

September 29

The departments of psychology and philosophy are sponsoring a colloquium titled ?Romantic Love and Rationality? at 10 a.m. in the Tanner Library located at 334 OSH.

October 1

Students for Choice is hosting a kick-off meeting at 6 p.m. in Union Room 319.

October 2

The physics department is hosting a colloquium titled ?Using Supercomputers to Collapse Gravitational Waves, Collide Black Holes (and Study Other Cataclysms)? at 4 p.m. in Room 102 of the James Fletcher Building. Refreshments will be served at 3:30 p.m.

October 3

The Middle East Center is hosting Thomas Friedman, foreign affairs columnist for The New York Times, who will be speaking on ?The Challenges of Globalization? from 3:30 to 5 p.m. in Kingsbury Hall.

October 8

The U Women?s Club is hosting a general meeting for current and prospective members at 1 p.m. at Red Butte Garden.

October 11

The department of mining engineering is hosting a lecture titled at 11:50 a.m. in the William Browning Building Room 707.

October 12

The ASUU Presenter?s Office is hosting an open-mic session and a night of hip hop poetry featuring DJs from QUUS Sound Research, lyricists Reece Peck and Sal Goodman and open-mic poetry at 8 p.m. in the Union?s Panorama West.

October 13

The Utah Museum of Fine Arts is hosting its yearly ?What?s in the Basement?? day. Come explore every nook and cranny of the museum with curators and staff to answer questions between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the museum.

October 17

The Graduate School of Architecture is hosting a speech on ?Analog Digital Improvisation? at 5:30 p.m. in the Utah Museum of Fine Arts Auditorium.

October 18

The Utah Museum of Natural History presents a lecture titled ?Dinosaurs: New Views on Ancient Bones? at 7 p.m. in Kingsbury Hall. Call 581-6927 for free tickets.