Campus Events

October 15

The environmental student group Terra Firma is hosting a screening of the film ?Mindwalk? as part of its free film series at 2 p.m. in the Union Theater.

Richard Dent, director of Enrollment Services at Basyr Naturopathic College, is speaking to interested health professions students from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in Room 404 of the Skaggs Biology Building.

The Honors Program is hosting a thesis advising session from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. in Union 324. All Honors students are welcome and light refreshments will be served.

The Public Interest Law Organization will host a panel discussion titled, ?Olympics? Impact on Salt Lake’s Low-Income Community?at 7 p.m. in the College of Law?s Moot Courtroom. A reception will begin at 6:30 p.m.

October 16

Joseph Burds of the U.S. Navy will speak to all interested pre-medical students regarding health professions scholarships at noon in the Skaggs Biology Building foyer.

October 17

The Graduate School of Architecture is hosting a speech on ?Analog Digital Improvisation? at 5:30 p.m. in the Utah Museum of Fine Arts Auditorium.

October 18

The department of medicinal chemistry is hosting a seminar at 4 p.m. in Room 316 Skaggs Hall.

Ken Meyers, Director of Admissions at Washington State University Veterinary School, will speak to any interested pre veterinary students at 4 p.m in Room 304 of the Skaggs Biology Building.

The Utah Museum of Natural History presents a lecture titled, ?Dinosaurs: New Views on Ancient Bones? at 7 p.m. in Kingsbury Hall. Call 581-6927 for free tickets.

October 19

The Marriott Library?s Diversity Committee is hosting a session of its rainbow bag lunches titled, ?The World is Welcome Here: International Student Panel? at noon in the library?s Gould Auditorium.

November 8

The Wallace Stegner Center of the College of Law is hosting a reading by Thomas Power from ?Post-Cowboy Economics: Pay and Prosperity in the New American West? at 7 p.m. in the library?s Gould Auditorium.

January 15

The College of Law?s Wallace Stegner Center is hosting a reading by John Campbell from his book, ?Absence of Light: Meditations from the Klamath Marshes Dead West? at 7 p.m. in the library?s Gould Auditorium.