Police Report: Two Men Fight in Union, Both Drop Charges

Chivalry??Police dealt with a fight between two men in the Union.”Words” one man spoke about a mutual female acquaintance sparked the fight. It was a case of mutual combat and neither party wished to pursue charges against the other. The police did not cite the two for disorderly conduct since their actions did not disrupt anything happening in the Union.

One wonders if the “words” spoken went something like, “Ah challenge yew too a doo ell!” (in a bad French accent).

Last dance with Mary Jane?University Police found a man smoking marijuana in his car in Research Park. The man was cited for the offense and released.

The man was waiting for his girlfriend, Lucy. Apparently, however, she was in the sky with diamonds at the time.

(Dis)charge of the Light Brigade?Three fire extinguishers were discharged in Residential Living building at Chapel Glen. The fire department responded as well as the police, but the culprits had fled.

I guess they were too busy marching into the Valley of Death (pedantic snicker).

Office theft?A University Hospital employee reported office supplies had been stolen from her office desk.

Engineering car burglaries?Someone stole a stereo, jacket and textbooks from a car parked in the lot just east of the engineering building. Police suspect the car was probably left unlocked.

(Can you imagine the sympathy you’d get from the police on that one?)

A second car in the engineering lot was burglarized. The thief smashed through the car’s window. Police found evidence he tried to steal the stereo, but couldn’t.

Now to me that’s a sad story. It’s evident this thief has failed at everything else he’s tried?Why else become a thief??and he can’t even pull off a simple car theft. Quitter.

Even more car burglary?Two cars in the north U Hospital parking terrace were burglarized. In both cases, the thief smashed the window.

Sigh. Young kids these days. What ever happened to the classic “pick the lock with a coat hanger” routine?

Runaway?A student living in a Shoreline Ridge apartment reported that her 17-year-old son had run away from home.

Double theft?While a man visited his wife in intensive care at University Hospital, someone stole his jacket, cell phone and car keys.

Later, the man’s car was stolen. Police suspect the thief used his keys. The stolen car was recovered 36 hours later in Salt Lake County. Police have two people in custody.

The Daily Utah Chronicle salutes the police for their quick action and expedient car recovery.

Stealing a courtesy phone, how rude!?A courtesy phone was stolen from the Heritage Center.

And, courteous as the phone is, it went and said, “Thank you.” (!)