Our American Veterans

By [email protected]

Dear Editor,

There is an urgent need for all Americans to double their efforts and stand shoulder-to-shoulder in support of our troops in harms way. We must not let the hoopla in Washington, D.C. over-shadow our forces blood that has and is being spilled today. Something we must never forget – many of our troops have and are paying the ultimate price, some come back with injuries that never heal completely, some come back with memories from hell itself, yes, this is something we should never forget.

Our troops, retirees, veterans, spouses, and widows of all services must be honored and commitments made to them must be kept. For it isthe VETERAN, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.the VETERAN, not the reporter,who has given us freedom of the press.the VETERAN, not the poet,who has given us freedom of speech.the VETERAN, not the campus organizer,who has given us freedom to assemble.the VETERAN, not the lawyer,who has given us the right to a fair trial. the VETERAN, not the politician,who has given us the right to vote.the VETERAN, not the draft dodger,who paid the ultimate pricethe VETERAN,who salutes the flag!

Let us show our determination and fortitude and demand the action necessary by our government to insure that our past, present, and future veterans are properly taken care of. If those currently in office cannot do this, let’s put those in office who can.

Captain Ronald J. Shaw, USAF, DAV, (Ret)Utah Coordinator for the Passage of HR3474 & S2065, theKeep Our Promise to America’s Military Retirees Act1008 West 230 NorthOrem, Utah 84057801-226-8240