My Pledge to Urban

By [email protected]

When asked about the possibility of leaving his position as Head Football Coach for more a prestigious program, Urban Meyer replied, “Everybody’s worried about those other places; nothing’s going on. I was contacted by one, but I’m not interested. I love it here. We have a lot of work to do. That’s the bottom line. The future is fantastic here…I’m proud to be the football coach here.”

But his comments had nothing to do with the University of Florida. Those comments, in fact, come from the front page of the Sports section of the Bowling Green News, dated December 11, 2002. As we all know, it was just days later that Coach Meyer left Bowling Green and signed on as the University of Utah’s head coach.

So forgive me if I remain a little anxious despite his protestations to the media that he’s focused on our season and happy to stay in Utah. And though it doesn’t count for much, I pledge to Coach Meyer that I’ll be screaming at every football game as long as he’s coaching here. If money’s an issue, I’m sure the other MUSS members would be happy to pass around a collection plate to supplement his salary.