U have been warned

The competition between the two universities looms like a dark cloud overhead. Everyone has an opinion on his or her red or blue team of choice. The rivalry is up there with all the big ones-good vs. evil, Luke vs. Vader, GW vs. Terrorism.

The rivalry between the two establishments goes back to 1896 when the two football teams first met on the playing field. The Cougars disbanded in 1896, and it stayed that way until 1922.

But Saturday’s game marks the 80th meeting between the two schools since 1922.

The Utes lead this ongoing rivalry with 47 wins collected over the years against the Cougars’ 28 wins and 4 ties (in BYU’s counting-note it only adds up to 79).

If you are not lucky enough to have tickets for Saturday’s sold-out game, I have a few suggestions on what you can do to root for our team.

Whatever happened to good old pranks directed toward the rival’s campus? Like going down to BYU in the middle of the night and painting red U’s all over every Cougar logo in site.

Wait a second-that might land you in jail, as some of our own baseball players found out after giving Provo’s giant Y a new paint job earlier this year.

How about shaving the letter U in the back of your hair to show off your team pride? Well no, that will just make you look like a dork.

OK, how about tattooing “BYU sucks!” on your arm and having laser removal the following week?

That’s probably a bit extreme-and would require getting poked with needles and burned with lasers.

Well, my only real advice is to root for our team on Saturday, no matter where you are.

If you meet a true blue fan on the street, don’t hesitate to tell them who you’re pulling for this weekend.

All the prayers of Provo cannot save them now!

So, on Saturday, whether you’re in the roaring stadium or at home watching the game while lounging around in your red Ute PJs, we can all unify in saying “Go Utes!”