Please Stay Urban

By [email protected]

Dear Coach Meyer-We have been extremly grateful for the wonderful leadership you have provided the football team and the hope and influence you have brought to the University.

It’s no secret that you have been courted by the Fighting Irish to be their head football coach; in response we just want to tell you how much we love you and would like you to stay. We understand that you love this city, and you can’t possibly imagine how much this city loves you and begs you to stay. You have elevated this program to new levels that have not been possible to achieve, and we may never be able to achieve them again without you.

We are so excited for the comming up BCS bowl. By many projections, we can win this game with your help. We know your such a great guy and coach and wouldn’t accept such an offer before the BCS game, we can’t think of any better way to encourage exitement and energy in the team than telling them that you turned down the offer to stay with the U (hey, maybe you could even throw something in about signing a new contract with the U that doesn’t include such escape clauses like you were talking about) and, as you said, compete in a more bitter rivalry. Imagine the excitement of an already incredibly talented and pumped up squad when they are told that their coach has turned down a job for the Fighting Irish to stay with them and bring them to hights that haven’t been seen yet. Such a team would be able to defy all odds and be able to beat any team this year, like Oklahoma, in the Fiesta Bowl.

As much as we know you have always wanted to coach in South Bend, we know, with you, we have the potential to be accepted into the Pac-10 to prove to the nation that we can play on their level and beat them. This is probably the only way we could ever be considered for a national championship title; we can do it, only with your help.

By saying that you expected to be the head coach at the University of Utah for “a long time,” by any football standard, two years is not a long time and we wish you to stay and build a dynasty that will remain as one of the best football coaches of all time. If you stay, we will ensure, that you will be considered among, Joe Paterno, Lou Holtz, and Lavell Edwards, and gain the respect and recognition you deserve.

On a side note, I wish the University, its students, programs, and associations will pull together and run a campaign to encourage you to stay. When we came back this year for a wonderful year, we ran a wonderful (and yet somewhat understated) “You ain’t seen nothing yet” campaign; one that was repeated when we finally recieved national recognition when ESPN College Gameday came to broadcast from our campus and endorse us to go to the Fiesta Bowl. We now need to continue and extend a warm campaign to encourage you, Coach Meyer, to stay with us, and continue to work marvels among us.

Thanks again, Coach and, as always, we are all behind you and the team at New Years and the BCS Bowl.

Sincerely,

Merlin James Alexandre SalisburyJunior, Theatre Design [email protected]