All invited to attend Students with Families Conference Workshop

By Patrick Muir

The second-annual Students with Families Conference will be held Saturday Jan. 22 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Union.

The conference is being put on by the Non-Traditional Student Services of the Associated Students of the University of Utah. The theme of this year’s conference is “Balancing Families, Academics and Relationships.”

“Students should go for the information value they will receive,” said Rand Smith, director of non-traditional board. “Were going to have a multitude of presenters. We have the grocery guru coming to teach us how to save 50 percent to 70 percent on groceries. We also have American Express financial coming to talk about investments,” Smith said.

Some of the other varies topics will be health insurance, life after divorce, vacations on a budget, international issues, child care, time management, how to buy your first home, landlord 101, financial aid, home buying and children’s issues.

“This year we have more speakers and more workshops. It’s bigger and better than last year,” Smith said.

At the conference there will be four different workshops going on at the same time creating a variety of options for participants. Students, prospective

students, married students, single students, spouses, single parents, those in relationships, and even those wishing to be in relationship are invited.

“There is no fee and you don’t need a student ID,” Smith said.

In addition to the workshops, there will also be a vendor fair and a raffle with prizes that include a graduate school test prep course from Kaplan worth $1,500.

“Kaplan will give you a free course of your choosing which include the LSTAT

and GMAT. Kaplan guarantees you’ll pass the class or you can take it over for

free,” Smith said.

Raffle tickets will be handed out at every workshop one attends. One can pre-register for an early bird raffle by pre-registering at www.asuu.utah.edu/ntsa or by calling 587-7730.