People need to take responsibility for their actions

I have a couple of issues to address: Whatever happened to people taking responsibility for their own actions? If you are mature enough to sleep with someone, then you should be mature enough to handle the consequences.

Everyone knows that having sex may cause pregnancy. I am pro-choice in that I support the right for a woman to choose whether or not to have irresponsible unprotected sex with someone.

I do not, however, support her right to choose to abort an innocent baby because she is not responsible enough to handle the consequences of her own actions-though it is a different story for a woman who has been raped or who has serious health risks due to pregnancy.

And whatever happened to people honoring and respecting the office of president of the United States? There is no level of respect anymore for the American presidency. I like to think of myself as a moderate, although I am definitely more conservative than liberal.

I disagree with a lot of things that President Bush has done, but no matter how much I disagree with him and wish for change, I cannot bring myself to identify with these extreme people who call him a racist, killer, devil worshiper, etc., and I feel it is un-American to do so.

Why can’t people go back to writing up petitions, contacting their local leaders, etc., for change?

And there is nothing wrong with a good ole fashioned protest, if it is done the right way. I venture to say that the Democratic Party has lost and continues to lose support because of the fact that they have started to identify with such extremist views-such as those of Michael Moore. They are just too far out there for some of us.

Lastly, I am disgusted with people like Kevin Khong who say that other nations in the world deserve the terrorist attacks they have had-i.e., Spain and Great Britain-because they support the war on terror. HELLO!

Did anyone ever think of blaming the actual terrorists? That’s my opinion, and I’m stickin’ to it!

Tara Thompson

Alumna