They’re bringing healthy back

Halloween can be scary, but so can poor health.

Fortunately, students can “sink their teeth into” four hours of learning about everything they could ever want to know about maintaining good health tomorrow, as the U Student Health Advisory Committee is sponsoring its 16th-annual Health and Wellness Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Union Ballroom.

“We think that this is a very important event,” said Jason Gillman, spokesman of student health services. “Students need to make the connection between academics and their health because, in actuality, if you are not sleeping right or eating healthy, it will have more of an impact on how you study.”

The fair, which will be held as part of the U’s “Wellness Week,” is considered to be the highlight of the week, as free services and samples will be provided for students.

More than 90 groups will be attending the fair to offer students services geared toward healing, including physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aid.

Representatives from One.org, Utah Poison Control and Planned Parenthood, as well as many other campus organizations, will be represented.

More than 20 different screenings will be offered to students at no fee, including orthopedic, depression and anxiety tests.

“It’s important that students come to our event and get the information and free health services. This year’s fair is all about addressing the students’ needs,” Gillman said.

ARUP Blood Services will be conducting a blood drive during the fair in front of the Union Building. Local musicians will be providing entertainment and Chartwells will offer free food for students.

Natalie Hale

Ryan Perkins