Take five and go get some fun!

By Danny Letz

Thurs., Nov. 1

Salt Lake Film Center Presents: “War Dance” 2007Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center (138 W. Broadway) 7 p.m.Free

“War Dance” follows a team of dancers from the war-torn Patongo Refugee Camp as they compete for a spot in Uganda’s prestigious Kampala Music Festival dance competition against 20,000 other African schools. The screening will conclude with a discussion with “War Dance’s” executive producer, Susan MacLaury.

Thurs., Nov. 1 through Mon., Nov. 13IMAGINE: “An Exhibition of Peace”Galleryuaf (230 S. 500 West #120) 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Nov. 2)Free

The recently opened Utah Arts Festival Gallery is set to host local photographer Cat Palmer’s recent collaboration with American soldier, Ty Norager, “An Exhibition of Peace.” The exhibit will feature photographs of Norager’s experiences serving with the military in Iraq, produced and stylized by Palmer.

Sat., Nov. 3India Night 2007Union Ballroom5:30 p.m.$15 for adults, $10 for students

Join the Indian Student Association for a night of activities in its annual India Night celebration. This year, the events will include a fashion show, ethnic Indian music, a Hindi stage play and, perhaps best of all, Indian cuisine. The event is a favorite among locals and is an excellent bargain for students looking to fill their Saturday night with a delicious sampling of one of the world’s most vibrant cultures.

Step It Up 2Washington Square (450 S. 200 East) 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.Free

Join your environmentally conscious neighbors this Saturday at Washington Square Park in urging local officials to pledge their dedication to Earth-friendly initiatives. The festivities will include a free pancake breakfast, music by the School of Rock, a youth poetry slam and a host of speakers and booths.

Sun., Nov. 4Salt Lake Film Center presents: “Local Fallout: Profiles on Downwinders”Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center (138 W. Broadway) Screenings beginning at 11 a.m.Free

Continuing its month-long series of events profiling the detrimental effects of nuclear testing, the Salt Lake Film Center is showcasing a series of documentaries that highlight several persons connected to nuclear testing, including several Utah “downwinders.” The films screening include the 1994 Student Academy Award winner “Genbaku Shi: Killed by the Atomic Bomb,” “Hot Wind” — which includes a Q&A with the filmmakers following the screening — and “Life Was Good.” The screenings are free and open to the public.