Ute Briefs (3/26)

Men’s Tennis

After going 1-2 on the road during Spring Break, the Utah men’s tennis team will host the UC Irvine Anteaters in an attempt to get back on track.

Last week at San Diego, the team started off with a 5-2 win over Dartmouth on March 16, but as the week wore on, things got worse for the Utes as they were shut out by San Diego in a 7-0 loss. The Utes ended the road trip with a 5-2 loss against Princeton on March 19.

But with Wednesday’s match, the Utes have the opportunity of returning to their home court to pick up a much-needed win. The Utes have not lost a match this season when playing an opponent at the Eccles Tennis Center.

The play of seniors Zach Ganger and Miron Mann will likely dictate the outcome for the Utes. Ganger is 18-7 in singles play and Mann has an 8-3 doubles record when paired with Ganger.

The Anteaters are ranked No. 58 and are 7-8 overall after big wins against Yale and Central Florida. Victor Lamm leads the team with a 16-5 singles record and is 3-3 in doubles play when paired with teammate Ajay Ahluwalia. Lamm is considered to be one of the top players from the Big West Conference.

The match will begin at 1 p.m. in the Eccles Tennis Center.

James Boehly

MUSS offers fans tickets to Michigan

The U athletics department is now offering the MUSS a limited number of tickets for Utah’s Aug. 30 trip to Ann Arbor, Mich., as the Utes face the Michigan Wolverines.

Tickets are $55 and will be available for purchase in Ann Arbor.

Entry for the 2008 T-shirt design competition is now underway. The MUSS is also looking for students who are interested in joining the Student Alumni Borad. Applications are due this Friday.

For more information, visit www.alumni.utah.edu/muss.