Lacrosse travels to Colorado to face two ranked opponents

By Tim Haslam

The Utah (3-6) lacrosse team will be back in action on Friday and Saturday when it travels to Colorado to take on the No. 12 Colorado Buffaloes (2-2) and the No. 4 Colorado State Rams (7-2).

Utah will play Colorado on Friday in a key conference game. The Buffaloes will be a tough test for Utah, having lost two games by a combined three goals. Colorado’s latest victory came against Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, which is the same team that beat Utah, 10-8. Colorado dominated Cal Poly, 10-2.

The Buffaloes are led by midfielder James Blackburn, who is second in the Rocky Mountain Lacrosse Conference with 4.50 goals per game. Blackburn has 14 goals in four games.

Utah will then travel to Fort Collins, Colo., to play a conference foe in Colorado State. CSU has beaten four Top-20 teams this season, including a 9-7 win over No. 3 Minnesota Duluth and an 8-4 win over No. 5 Oregon. The Rams are led by attackman Kevin Wolff, who averages 3.78 points per game. Wolff has 21 goals and 13 assists in nine games.