A dedication to Ryan Martin

We lost an amazing person on Monday. He was our friend, our brother and our partner in life. He knew us better than we wanted to admit to ourselves. Ryan saw in us our worst, but viewed it as our best.

He grew up the youngest of eight in Los Angeles County, Calif., and was a proud graduate of the class of 2006. As much as he pretended he didn’t love Utah, it became his home at the age of 18 when he began his college career as a business major at the U.

We remember Ryan for always laughing at life’s situations because he could find humor in everything he saw. He said humor is what makes us human. He was creative and resourceful, the MacGyver of our time.

Most of all, we remember Ryan as our good friend8212;the one we always turned to when we needed a good conversation, a shoulder to cry on or a relaxing evening to reflect on the world around us.

Ryan Martin, the world you touched will never forget your presence. Your soul left us too soon, and we will forever miss your laugh, your smile and everything about you.

One day we will meet again, when the time is right and fortune is in our favor. Until that day, my friend, know that we will always love you and forever cherish our time together. We appreciate all that you always were and will continue to be in our lives. We will carry you in our hearts and souls no matter where life takes us.

We remember you, Ryan Martin, as all we hope you saw in yourself. Your peace is all we can ever hope for.

Sydney Mateus,
Sophomore, Philosophy
Jenna Davis,
Junior, Political Science