Football tickets sold out

Anyone hoping for a last-minute ticket to the big game against USU is out of luck. The Rice-Eccles Stadium ticket office announced Wednesday that no more tickets are available for the season-opener football game between the Utes and the Utah State University Aggies. The last ticket, a student ticket in the standing-room section, was sold at about 10 a.m. The ticket office did not identify which student bought the last ticket. The last time a Ute football game sold out before the big day was the final game of the previous season, said Zach Lassiter, director of ticket sales. The MUSS ticket sales were equally successful. About 40 percent sold during Spring Semester, and the rest sold out during Summer Semester. Despite the fact that all the tickets are gone, students who would like to experience the bone-crushing game?to some live degree beyond television?still have a few options. The announcer?s voice can be heard around most of lower campus, and almost every parking lot on campus transforms into a tailgate lot. For a high-altitude view, the game screen can be seen from the windows of the upper floors of the College of Mines and Earth Science Building. During the previous season, earth science students not attending the game would peer out the windows during evening classes to keep track of the score. The Utes and Aggies play tonight at 7 p.m. at Rice-Eccles Stadium for the 109th time in their rivalry.