NSA puts Utah in bull’s-eye

Isaac J. Bromley / The Daily Utah Chronicle

The new National Security Administration (NSA) facility in Utah, the largest and most sophisticated (and perhaps malicious) spy hub in the world, is equipped to process multiple zettabytes ready to store private phone calls, financial records, emails and any other electronic communication that the government finds necessary to corral in the post-9/11 era.
The facility is the embodiment of the age of perpetual martial law, and as home to the monstrous facility, Utah is in the bull’s eye.
An 8 gigabyte iPod can hold 2,000 songs or 8 hours of video. It would take 145 trillion full 8 GB iPods to fill the space of one zettabyte. The NSA facility holds up to tens of zettabytes. The capacity to spy on sensitive information is enormous and unprecedented.
Utah has NSA zealot and money-grubbing Sen. Orrin Hatch to thank for lobbying for the facility in Utah.
The diabolical aim is to watch us and control us, not to protect us. We lose our freedoms and become a target for adversaries, who will likely aim to take out our intelligence apparatus first, just as our military has done in invasions we have perpetrated.
Other foreign countries will be watching us too, as they build on their own high-tech enterprises, spying capabilities and cyber-weapons.
As joint alliances such as BRICS grow and find U.S. cyber policy hypocritical, it won’t be long until they can return in kind with attacks against our cyber infrastructure.
Of course, the prime target will be the most offensive and intrusive spy facility in the world, right here in Bluffdale and codenamed “Bumblehive.”
It is startling when NSA Director Keith Alexander tells us NSA cyber security measures actually make us safer. It is more startling that he refuses to admit that the NSA is storing any personal information on U.S. citizens, especially when one considers that FBI Director Robert Mueller has admitted in several circles, including under oath to the Senate, that the NSA is storing such information and has no plans to stop.
Former NSA crypto-mathematician William Binney and former NSA senior official Thomas Drake both jumped ship when they realized the treacherous waters the agency was exploring. They warned the U.S. population that Alexander was not being forthright about the agency’s functions.
Two billion tax dollars will be spent when all is said and done in September 2013 on construction of the 1 million square foot Pandora’s Box. It will suck more than $40 million worth of electricity each year with high-powered data centers and cooling mechanisms.
There is a conspiracy of silence about the facility. It is a project shrouded in more secrecy than perhaps any other currently underway.
As Binny put it, “They violated the Constitution, but they didn’t care. They were going to do it anyway, and they were going to crucify anyone who stood in their way.”
We are approaching a slippery slope that ends in nothing less than Big Brother. And the same people who have allowed this Machiavellian project to go forward are the war profiteer elitists, who will compromise all of us for their greed. Hypocrites like Hatch claim to reject big government. However, he openly accepted the Bluffdale project, which is nothing short of the biggest governmental spying project in our nation’s history.

• C

ColoradoRobApr 5, 2013 at 9:16 am

Wow Rose. First it’s warrior mormons invading and occupying palestine. Then it’s comparing pro-life people to eugenicists. Now it’s tinfiol-hat-wearing conspiracy gubmint-is-out-to-get-you nuttiness? You are certainly a piece of work.
    You know, many people use their time in college to break out of old immature mindsets and open themselves to new perspectives. Others grab a megaphone and lay their crazy out for everyone to see. It’ll be interesting to see what the next few years do to you, and vice versa.

• C

ColoradoRobApr 5, 2013 at 9:16 am

• H

Harold BlueApr 5, 2013 at 8:02 am

Rose,
    Google Mandiant Chinese hacker report. That’s why they are here.
    Harold

• H

Harold BlueApr 5, 2013 at 8:02 am

Rose,

Harold

• H

Harold BlueApr 5, 2013 at 7:56 am

Hilarious article Rose. “There is a conspiracy of silence about the facility. It is a project shrouded in more secrecy than perhaps any other currently underway.” Huh? It’s been in the papers since the first golden shovels flip over the first dirt clod.
    “The diabolical aim is to watch us and control us, not to protect us.” Rose… it’s a cyber security center. They are focusing on the cyber threats that are currently being launched. Read the newspapers lately? i.e. millions of attacks against the US infrastructure, targeted attacks against Google using weaponized pdf’s. The list goes on Rose. What are you suggesting? Don’t collect, don’t protect our infrastructure? The liberalism of your rose colored sunglasses blocks out all the successes they have executed to thwart attacks.
    It would be a dark glummy decade if stopped supporting agencies such as the NSA, CIA and FBI. Certainly, they should receive more scrutiny, but seriously, think about the implications of having an outsider oversee all their actions. Their abilities would crumble to a crawl and the number of successful attacks would skyrocket.

• H

Harold BlueApr 5, 2013 at 7:56 am

• R

RichardApr 4, 2013 at 7:14 am

Dear Rose, The black helicopters will be dispatched soon to pick you up.

• R

RichardApr 4, 2013 at 7:14 am