Editor’s Note, November 2014

(Photo by Conor Barry)

(Photo by Conor Barry)
(Photo by Conor Barry)

Here at Wasatch, we love the great outdoors. I know that’s kind of obvious, but for the sake of this issue we really want to get the point across. Without crossing the line toward being a “nature nut,” I would like to stress the importance of conservation. The outdoors are the lifeblood of what we do. From fishing and hunting to hiking and climbing, we rely on nature for recreation, enjoyment, and, quite frankly, our sanity. It goes beyond that, though — our economy, well-being and lives depend on it. We need nature for food, water, and even the air we breathe. It has intrinsic value (the “nature nut” line has been crossed). There’s no way around it — we need to start protecting what little we have left. Hopefully in this issue we can spark your interest in conservation. We hope that all of our readers will commit even a small amount of time and energy to helping protect the natural world around us. Better yet, find a project in the local community. I know everyone can think of one reason to help out. Everyone has at least one connection with nature. Make that your reason to act. Kudos to those who are already helping out.
Now that I’m off my soapbox, we hope you enjoy this issue and keep getting outdoors. Ski season is nearly upon us, and we couldn’t be more stoked.
@conorbphoto