App-Review: “Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow”

Wikipedia

The crisis of losing more than half the “Futurama” series on Netflix last year left me spinning. Finally, I caved in and subscribed to Hulu, because they had the seasons that were missing. That was after I began purchasing each season on Amazon during the hiatus. During this time I was scrolling through recommended apps in the wee hours on an uneventful night and found “Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow”. I immediately downloaded the game and was delighted to see the familiar characters that I have grown to love over the last five years they have been around. “Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow” is an interactive game where you have to complete missions and acquire various objects to unlock downtown  New New York. The main currency is pizza, which enables you to buy special characters and first aid kits, among other items. There is also the use of cash to buy building, experience points after goals are completed and career chips which can be acquired on missions that enable you to level up your characters. The goal of this game is to complete missions and acquire all seven artifacts in order to save New York and set characters free.

There is so much I love about this game, including the amazing graphics, recognizable signature sounds and catchphrases, as well as the ability to actually play with the “Futurama” characters in an unfamiliar story line. The only one problem that I have with “Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow” is pizza. Pizza is pretty much the most valuable currency and unless you decide to watch trailers in-game it is very slow to acquire. In-app purchases range from one dollar to one hundred just for pizza. Why is the pizza so valuable? You can buy your way through missions and goals, release characters and buy special items.  It has taken me about six months to reach level seventeen and find two artifacts as well as many characters, I have done this without pizza, so it is really up to the person if they want to drop real cash in playing this game. Another aspect that I love about this game is that during the holidays the game is decked out appropriately, for Halloween the Robot Devil came to the surface for a whole month and for Christmas the crazy violent robot Santa Claus came to town. I would recommend this game for any “Futurama” fan. It is a fantastic game that has beautiful graphics and makes the player feel like they are a part of the show.

Alina’s Rating: 4/5

Original Release Date: June 2017

Available on Google Play and Apple Store for Download

In-app Purchases (Not Required)