Events Calendar Jan. 22

Adam Fondren
J. Willard Marriott Library at the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT on May 14, 2017. (Photo by Adam Fondren | The Daily Utah Chronicle)

Marriott Library 50th Anniversary

On Jan. 24 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., the Marriott Library will be celebrating its birthday with a massive party. The library will have a 50-foot cake, and there will also be free giveaways, like an iPad and Nintendo 3DS or switch. You can make a custom button or test your trivia. All in all, it promises to be tons of fun.

A Conversation with Jacqueline Woodson

The New York Times bestselling author Jacqueline Woodson is coming to the University of Utah for a conversation with faculty, students and members of the community. As an award-winning author of over two dozen young adult novels, she recently released the first adult book she has written in nearly 20 years. Join Woodson and several departments from the U in the Marriott Library’s Gould Auditorium for a meet and greet from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. to ask questions or advice of the former Young People’s Poet Laureate and author of “Brown Girl Dreaming” and “Another Brooklyn.”

Meetups: Find Collaborators

The Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute is hosting an event to help students looking to build teams for startups. The event begins at 6 p.m. on Jan. 23 in Lassonde’s Studios and will be open to students of every major. Anyone looking to build a team or get to know like-minded individuals to create a startup business is welcome and encouraged to come. Running until 7:30 p.m., the meetup will be organized to help students find people who have similar interests to further plans for their potential startups or to start talking about ideas for amazing inventions.

Workshops

Wellness advocate certificate – Module 1

Jan. 23, 5-7 p.m.

Student Life Center

Human Trafficking: Architectures of Understanding, Enforcement and Aid

Jan. 26, 8.30 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.

College of Law

Fabulous Fridays

Jan. 26, 3-5 p.m.

A. Ray Olpin Union

Performances

Faculty Spotlight: Vedrana Subotic, piano Featuring Beethoven & Liszt

Jan. 28, 7 p.m.

Libby Gardener Concert Hall

ing, Enforcement and aid

Jan. 26 8.30-2.30

College of Law

Performances

Fabulous Fridays

Jan. 26 3-5 p.m.

Union