Utes Headed to Oregon

Cass Palor
The University of Utah Utes take on Brigham Young University at the Huntsman Center in Salt Lake City, UT on Saturaday, Dec. 8, 2018 (Photo by Cassandra Palor | Daily Utah Chronicle)

With only 10 games remaining in the regular season, the University of Utah women’s basketball team is ready to defend their status with a set of games this weekend in the Pacific Northwest against the University of Oregon and Oregon State.

After executing a historic win against No. 6 Stanford, the Utes have progressed in the AP Top 25 ranking from No. 21 to No. 14. Their overall score advanced to 18-1 and their Pac-12 score to 7-1.

Erika Bean stepped up on the court Sunday afternoon to lead the Utes to victory, and she reached a career high of 23 points. The Utes have also been led by senior Megan Huff who has had a double-double in 10 games so far this season.

The Utes will kick off the weekend on Friday, Feb. 1, at 8 p.m. MT against the Oregon Ducks. The Ducks have also only lost one game so far this season with an overall score of 19-1, and the team is undefeated in Pac-12 play.

Leading the Ducks is junior Sabrina Lonescu, who is averaging 19.4 points, 7.6 rebounds and 8.4 assists per game. Along with Lonescu, there are three other starters who are averaging double figures. Oregon as a whole is averaging 89.2 points per game and is ranked second nationally in scoring offense.

Utah will wrap up the weekend against Oregon State on Sunday Feb. 3, at 1 p.m. MT. Oregon State, and the Beavers are currently 17-3 overall and 7-1 in Pac-12 play.

Oregon State had a dominating weekend as they took the University of Washington 86-39 and finished off with a 52-35 win against Washington State. Before their game against the Utes, the Beavers will play the University of Colorado on Friday, Feb. 1.

Both games will be live streamed by the opponent teams. The game against Oregon will be on Pac-12 Networks. Radio option with Tyson Ewing on ESPN 700 will also be available.

Upon finishing up in Oregon, the Utes will return home for games against USC and UCLA next weekend.

@LeilaniGastelum