‘Ahsoka’: Star Wars is Back (Again)

After watching the first episode, I am very intrigued to see where it is going and I understand why people are so excited about it.
(Courtesy of Disney)

This is not my first time writing about Star Wars, especially about Star Wars fatigue. However, after I wrote my last piece on it, I fell back in love with it intensely. I binge-watched the third season of The Mandalorian and watched The Clone Wars in the background while playing a video game or working on an easy assignment. I have since still thoroughly enjoyed Star Wars, but I don’t spend all of my free time engaging with some sort of Star Wars media as I did for a brief time. Since Ahsoka was released, everyone has been telling me this is some of the best Star Wars they have ever seen, similar to the feeling when Andor was first released. After watching the first episode, I am very intrigued to see where it is going and I understand why people are so excited about it.

Ahsoka

Ahsoka follows Ahsoka Tano trying to find Ezra, the protagonist of an earlier Star Wars show called Rebels. This show is a spiritual successor to Rebels in every way. A lot of the characters return from Hera Syndulla, the pilot, to Sabine Wren, the Mandalorian trickster who is constantly escaping by the skin of her teeth. Rebels is one of the few Star Wars shows I have seen from start to finish. To see these characters come back in live-action is awesome. All of the actors are fantastic at taking their animated characters and translating them into live-action. Rosario Dawson makes a great aged Ahsoka, and Natasha Liu Bordizzo is perfect for Sabine.

The Disney Era

After the first few episodes, I am incredibly excited to see what happens next for Ahsoka and Sabine. They have such great chemistry that it makes it difficult to look away when they are together. You just want them to succeed. Disney has made some silly choices with Star Wars, mainly The Book of Boba Fett being a glorified ad for the Mandalorian season three. Although, it is nice to see them having more hits than misses, at least in my book. The third season of The Mandalorian was great, and what I’ve seen of Andor and Ahsoka is amazing. The Acolyte is coming out at some point in the future too, which I am stoked for. I love the High Republic era of Star Wars, and I think it will make for some great television.

Too Much

As for Star Wars fatigue, it’s in a similar camp as superhero movies. If you watch all of them, of course, you are going to get burnt out. I have been picking and choosing what Star Wars shows and media I have been watching and it has worked out great for me. I think they pump out too much content for it to be realistic to watch them all and not get a little tired of being in that universe, regardless of how cool Star Wars is. I ebb and flow out of it, and that works perfectly. When a show comes out that is supposedly great, I will get to it eventually. If I hear it is not good, maybe I’ll watch it one day when I have literally nothing else to do.

@EthanBlume07