What’s Inside Dancing Cranes Imports

Despite the open room, each area feels cozy, allowing you to completely surround yourself in the beauty each section has to offer.
Mikaela Ponce
Entrance to Dancing Crane Imports (Photo by Mikaela Ponce | The Daily Utah Chronicle)

Dancing Cranes Imports is a spiritual store located in Sugar House. With collections ranging from crystals to clothes, this unique shop is a celebration of different cultures.

A World of Discovery

The layout will take you through home and garden décor of wind chimes, indoor plant pots, figurines and statues—little things to make your home a little more magical.

Racks and racks of clothes imported from all over the globe line the floor. With a wide variety from cute tops to fun pants, to patterned bandanas and scarves, the pieces are all truly unique, representing the designers and cultures from which they come.

Clothing racks turn into rows of tables displaying every type of crystal you can think of. Arranged in bowls heaping with crystals, each individual type is labeled with a full information card about its properties and where it came from. Ending out the section is a collection of tools for you to wire-wrap and create jewelry out of.

For those that don’t want to create their own jewelry, they have a whole section of rings, necklaces, earrings and bracelets that rivals any other jewelry store.

Like any spiritual store, it wouldn’t be complete without a collection of tarot and oracle cards to pick from. With a couple bookcases crowded with books in spiritual work ranging from beginner to advanced, they have everything you need to start your journey at home.

There is also a corner gallery where local artists can display their latest work. They’ve accumulated quite the collection, everything from small prints to large wall pieces. There is work from a diverse range of artists, depicting everything from landscapes to portraits. Krysta, a tarot card reader, describes this as the spot where they become “really connected to their community.”

Despite the open room, they took great care setting up the store to make each area feel cozy, allowing you to completely surround yourself in the beauty each section has to offer. It all comes together by a beautiful koi pond in the center of the store, in which Krysta can only describe as “pretty magical.”

Truly Special

Dancing Cranes has a cozy corner dedicated to personal tables for tarot card readers. Krysta works with tarot and oracle cards, palmistry and astrology. Each modality has its own specificities, but overall she describes her services as “checking in with the energy pattern of life.”

Kadee, another reader, primarily uses her natural intuition but utilizes modalities of ThetaHealing and muscle testing to maintain the checks and balances necessary to perform an accurate reading.

They both love the space at Dancing Cranes Imports. Kadee shared that she loves that “it gives [her] the opportunity to share [her] gifts with others.”

It’s no secret that spirituality has worked its way into popular culture, and both Krysta and Kadee welcome the expanding community.

“I think it’s a movement of people want[ing] to become more spiritual, but they don’t necessarily want to tap into a specific religion,” Kadee shared. She advises those curious to ask good questions.

Krysta also encourages curious people to follow up and to not be afraid of what they see. She explained, “It’s not written in stone. If you change, the reading will.”

For those interested in learning energy work, Kadee wants to let them know that it’s a long process. “There’s a lot of self-discovery,” she continued, “It’s different for everybody.”

By cultivating their own community with the events they offer, this store will make you want to come back again and again.

@u_mponce