Pop Culture Round-Up: A Honey Boo-Boo Music Video and a Doggy Train

Because everyone is busy with things that actually “matter,” I’m sure none of you have had time to read up on what’s happening in the oh-so-important world of pop culture. So, here’s your pop culture roundup.

Honey Boo-Boo released a music video, and it’s awful. The song alone is hard to listen to, but with the cringeworthy dance moves that go along with it, it’s painful to watch. I’ll admit that I haven’t actually seen the whole thing because I quit about a minute in. Watch at your own risk.

Amanda Seyfried and Justin Long broke up. For those of you who don’t know Justin Long by name, perhaps you’ll know him from his classic line, “Hi, I’m a Mac,” after which a nerdier John Hodgman says, “and I’m a PC.” He’s been in a lot of movies as well, but come on, that’s how we all know him. Anyways he and Amanda Seyfried broke up after two years of dating, which really is a shame because they were adorable together.

A man who takes dogs on train rides went viral. There’s not much I can say about this except that I want to be this man when I grow up. Just watch the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PYF97kiDbc

Nickelodeon is bringing back ’90s kid shows on its new channel, Nickelodeon Splat. This project was teased after Nickelodeon released a short clip of characters of “Zoey 101” discussing the time capsule they buried 10 years ago. Needless to say, I think everyone is happy with their decision to bring back these shows. Among the returning shows are “Hey, Arnold!,””Rocko’s Modern Life” and “The Wild Thornberrys.”

An app is being released that is Yelp but for people. It’s called Peeple, and it sounds like a really bad idea. A user can rate people the way they’d rate a business. It’s really a breeding ground for cyber-bullying and privacy issues. It’s set to release in November.

Blake Lively is shutting down her lifestyle website, Preserve. It has only been in operation for about a year, but she shut it down because she says it didn’t live up to its mission statement. However, before the site goes dark, they will be having a final sale.

https://www.preserve.us

@carolinemoreton