Events

April 12

Roderick K. Davey, president of Diacak Diamond Mines Inc., will speak on ?The Role of Community and Government Affairs in the Development of a Canadian Diamond Mine? from 10:45 to 11:35 a.m. in the Engineering and Mines Classroom Building, Room 101.

John Essigmann from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology will speak on ?Synthetic and Natural Toxins That Hijack Transcription Factors: Applications as Anticancer Agents? at 10:45 a.m. in the Henry Eyring Building, Room 2006.

As part of International Day, Latin, German, Asian and Mariachi music, and food vendors serving international dishes, will be on the A. Ray Olpin University Union patio from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

As part of Day of Remembrance, John Felstiner from Stanford University will speak on ??The One and Only Circle?: Translating Paul Celan? at noon in Carlson Hall, Room 115.

Olya Roohizadegan, author of Olya?s Story: A Survivor?s Dramatic Account of the Persecution of Baha?is in Revolutionary Iran, will speak at noon in union 323.

Joel Pederson from Utah State University will lecture on ?New Views on the Erosion of the Grand Canyon Plateau and the Colorado Plateau? at 4 p.m. in the Intermountain Network and Scientific Computing Center, Room 110.

The department of medicinal chemistry will hold lectures by postdoctoral fellows Philippe Garnier and Dae Yeon Suh at 4 p.m. in L.S. Skaggs Hall, Room 316.

Michael Fogler from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology will lecture on ?New Physics in the Dynamical Behavior of Disordered Interacting Electron Systems? at 4 p.m. in the James Fletcher Building, Room 102.

The Middle East Center Discussion Group will host Shahnaz Moezzi, who will speak on ?Women?s Health in Rural Areas of Iran? at 4:15 p.m. in Orson Spencer Hall, Room 255.

International Day will continue with music, dancers, other performances, and free international food from 6:30 to 10 p.m. in the union Ballroom.

As part of Day of Remembrance, Mary Felstiner from San Francisco State University will speak on ?To Create Her World Anew: Charlotte Salomon in the Nazi Era? at 7 p.m. in the J. Willard Marriott Library Gould Auditorium.

April 13

There will be a discussion with participants in ?The Kotwara Project: The International Semester to India? at noon in 255 OSH.

The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence will host a discussion on ?Exciting New Uses for Technology in the Curriculum? from noon to 1:30 p.m. in the Sterling W. Sill Center Large Conference Room.

Debra Rolinson from the department of chemistry will speak on ?Nanochemistry? at 1 p.m. in 2006 HEB.

Frances Kamm, professor of philosophy and medicine at New York University, will speak on ?Trolley Problems and Non Consequentialism? at 3 p.m. in 334 OSH.

April 17

Edward Epstein will speak on ?Globalization and Economic Crises in Latin America? at 10:45 a.m. in 255 OSH.