Greek students get chance to shadow medical professionals

By Katie Valentine

Students who are in fraternities or sororities involved with the Alpha Epsilon Delta society and interested in medical school can gain insight into career goals before applying to medical school, so they don’t end up wasting their time if it’s not something they are truly interested in.

The society organizes opportunities for members to shadow a medical professional, so they can learn about different careers before applying to medical school. The U is responsible for setting up the one-on-one shadowings with hospitals across the valley. This way, students don’t end up spending several years chasing a degree that ultimately won’t interest them after graduation.

“Opportunities are there for you, you just have to embrace them and use them,” said Jonathan Quinonez, a senior in biology.

The society also gives students guidance on studying for the MCAT by providing practice tests and advice for applying to medical school.

“AED gives you the necessities to help you get your application completed,” Quinonez said.

The society is hosting a social today from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the courtyard of the Skaggs Biology Building.