New U.S. drone base perpetuates conflict

Luigi Ghersi / The Daily Utah Chronicle
Luigi Ghersi / The Daily Utah Chronicle

Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri led hundreds of thousands of anti-American drone protestors on a march against his government in Pakistan Jan. 13. Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari has accepted billions of U.S. tax dollars to turn a blind eye to massive killings and abuses of his people at the hands of the United States’ drone mercenaries. Zardari sells out the people of Pakistan to insurgent CIA spy agents that have infiltrated the country as long as American money keeps flowing.
But Pakistan isn’t enough for the CIA egoists and the U.S. lobbyists pushing military expansionism for precious resource wealth. President Abd Al-Rob Mansur Al-Hadi, who is selling out his country of Yemen isn’t enough either. Yemen and Pakistan are both considered American allies and have both seen mass drone killings of their civilians.
Indeed, U.S. tax payers are now buying off Nigerian President Mahammadou Issoufou to open his country to another U.S. drone installation. The African Horn occupation ensues.
The White House officially announced that at least 100 U.S. troops are setting up a drone base in Niamey, Niger. African and Arab media claim the number is closer to 1,000 troops — however, some of them could be coming from at least seven other U.S. drone bases that are already operating in North Africa. Moreover, since the Bush years, there are likely 10 private mercenary contractors sent with every troop, making 1,000 an underestimation.
Spanish Fork, Utah, is home to one of the largest Drone Transformation technology enterprises nationwide. General Atomics Aeronautical Inc., a multi-million, if not billion, dollar business, is high on the lobby list of organizations promoting drone warfare. In fact, GAA just announced its new predator drone Feb. 22.
The U.S. naval base in Manda Bay, Kenya, not only launches drones, but has also caused a near civil war over the wealth distribution there, which was designed by the United States. I am sure President Mwai Kibaki would like to thank the U.S. tax payers for his millions, too.
Djibouti is practically a U.S. military country. Only a small portion of its southern area can be seen on Google Maps because the massive military occupation is smeared out.
Civilian men, women and children make up the 92 percent of people killed by drones.
“We are creating enemies at a far faster rate than killing them,” said David Kilcullen, former chief strategist for counterterrorism at the U.S. Department of State.
The Arab Spring emerged from fury over American foreign policy: protectionism for investors’ theft of natural resources on Arab lands, and the American Iraqi takeover. It continues now, fueled by thousands of innocent civilians that have been murdered in Yemen and elsewhere across the Middle East and North Africa by U.S. predator drones.
The new Pakistani Spring, an immensely violent one, is taking shape out of hate for the U.S. slaughter of innocent Pakistani children like Noor, age nine; Talha, age eight; Ayesha, age three; and 377 more.
More than 1,000 more innocent civilians have also been massacred by the 500-plus drone attacks in Pakistan engineered by CIA agents operating their PlayStation-like remotes in offices across the sea.
With its new base, the United States is perhaps going to ignite an African Spring, setting an entire region of the world ablaze with conflict.
If we keep living under and allowing the fearmongering of the military industrial complex, we will be sorry. We could see the offspring of our killer technology aiming hellfire missiles at our own homeland someday.
Foreign terrorism is an American construct, a situation we created and continue to create. Other countries will build their own drones, just as they have built nuclear weapons. Drone attacks on Americans could easily be inspired by the loved ones that saw their families and friends massacred and countries destroyed as a result of our current hubris and greed.