The MUSS on the Bus

(Photo by Chris Samuels)

(Photo by Chris Samuels)
(Photo by Chris Samuels)

Cheers of crimson-clad students echo from Rice-Eccles Stadium on home game days, but when games are not hosted at the U, there’s the MUSS Bus.
The MUSS Bus XIV transports students in the Mighty Utah Student Section to select away games during football season.
Students taking this bus will be treated to bus fare, accommodations, tailgate and seats to the game. This package comes in at $250 and is open to all students in the MUSS.
The next bus will be going to the Stanford game, leaving Thursday, Nov. 13 and returning Sunday, Nov. 16.
Aubri Tuero, a senior in film and history, said she is taking the bus this year.
“I actually just signed up for the MUSS Bus for the first time this year,” Tuero said. “I’ve never gone before, and since I’m a senior this year this is really my last chance to go. I’m really excited about the location and the group of friends I’ll be going with, so I know it’ll be a blast. Plus it’s pretty cheap for the whole experience you will receive.”
Olivia Tate Bergmann, a sophomore in communication, said she thinks the bus is a good idea but doesn’t plan to go this year.
“It’s cool that the university puts together for students to pay and see the away games,” Bergmann said.
Maddy Galindo, sophomore in acting, wasn’t aware this bus even existed but said she was excited learning what it was and where it was going.
“While I think $250 is a little expensive, it would be worth it to me to go because San Francisco is my home town,” Galindo said. “For me it is more about an opportunity to be closer to home.”
Kelton Johnson, a senior in sociology and communication, is an active member of the MUSS board and has taken the bus before. This year, he said, may be different.
“I don’t know if I’m going this year — it all depends on when I’m graduating,” Johnson said.
Despite him being unsure if he will be able to take the bus this year, Johnson said he is an avid MUSS member and enjoys home games.
“For me, the MUSS has been a place for me to leave the cares of the world behind and have a place where I can scream, cheer and go crazy with 6,000 other students,” Johnson said.
Registration for the bus will be open until it fills up, and students can sign up at alumni.utah.edu/muss. Information about the specific hotel as well as menu for the tailgate is available at this website. While registration is open only to the U’s MUSS students, guests can be registered as well for an additional $250.
@ArevaloStefani