Utah football National Signing Day 2015 – final edition

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]National Signing Day is finally upon us and Utah is looking to reel in one of its best recruiting classes in recent memory. Here is a list of some of the recruits that have signed their National Letter of Intent today to play for the Utes.  

RELATED: U’S COACHING STAFF ANNOUNCES A NEW LINEUP

Chris Hart – DE – Fort Lauderdale, Fl.

Hart is a 6-foot-1 defensive end that hails from the Sunshine State, where he was a second-team Class 7A (yes, 7A) all-state athlete. He is a three-star recruit according to both Rivals.com and Scout.com while playing linebacker for Saint Thomas Aquinas HS.

Tyson Cisrow – DB – Fort Lauderdale, Fl.

Playing for the same high school as Hart, Cisrow is a six foot, 180-pound defensive back that also was named to the Class 7A all-state second team. Rated as a three-star recruit by both Rivals and Scout, Cisrow played at safety for the Saints on their way to winning the Class 7A state title.

Nick Carman – OL – Tempe, Ariz.

As the No. 10 overall prospect in the state of Arizona according to Rivals.com, Carman is a 6-foot-3, 274-pound bruiser that will add some depth to the trenches for Utah. Carman was named to the first team Division-I all-state offense team his senior season.

Kyle Fulks – DB – Brenham, Texas

What Fulks lacks in size (5-foot-8, 168 pounds) he makes up for in speed. Originally signed with Baylor out of high school before playing at Blinn Community College. The defensive back has top-end track speed as he has clocked in at 10.3 in the 100-meter dash on the track. Fulks could turn out to be the next great JUCO transfer for the Utes.

Caleb Repp – DE – Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.

The 6-foot-4, 202-pound athlete played receiver in high school, but Utah coaches are looking to try Repp out at defensive end (shades of Nate Orchard, maybe?). Played in just six games in 2014 due to a broken hand, but Repp will look to make an impact with the departure of NFL talent Orchard.

Keven Dixon – OL – Buena Park, Calif.

Another three-star recruit for Utah, Dixon measures in at 6-foot-4, 274 pounds. Additionally, he was named to the first team all-CIF Southwest Division team as a senior.

Alfred Smith – WR – Destrehan, La.

Smith is another athlete who doesn’t have much size at 5-foot-9, 175 pounds, but makes up for it with his elusiveness. If you watch his highlight tape, it’s pretty clear that this guy knows how to make defenders miss and oh yeah, his nickname is Tarzan. Side note: he will be joining high school teammate and current Ute Donovan Isom in Salt Lake City.

Johnny Capra – OL – Auburn, Calif.

One thing comes to mind when you look at Capra – size. The three-star recruit by both Rivals.com and Scout.com will bring his 6-foot-6, 288-pound frame to the trenches in Salt Lake Ctiy, as he is one of the biggest athletes that Utah will sign this offseason.

Deniko Carter – WR – Baltimore, Maryland

Like Fulks, Carter has the opportunity to make a name for himself as this year’s Kaelin Clay or Devontae Booker. Coming from Gavilian College, where he was named to the JUCO top 50 players list, the transfer will play receiver for the Utes and according to wide receivers coach Taylor Stubblefield, the combination of his size and elusiveness could prove to be deadly for opposing defenses.

Marcel Brooks-Brown – RB – Rio Linda, Calif.

http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx?videoid=349894e2-0895-9512-971f-7a4070c71995

Brooks-Brown could be the steal of this class. As a six-foot, 205-pound back in Calif., Brooks-Brown rushed for 1,972 yard his senior season with an average of 10.2 yards per carry. Additionally, he averaged over 150 yards per game, as well as scored 29 touchdowns. Over his career, Brooks-Brown has recorded some ridiculous stats – 5,457 yards rushing and 70 touchdowns. Brooks-Brown might be the perfect successor to Booker after shadowing him next season.

Philip Afia – DB – Chino Hills, Calif.

Afia will bring some athleticism to the secondary at Utah as the defensive back is a former soccer player. Afia never played, or even seen, a football game until he tried out for Ayala High School’s team as a freshman, where we was used as a kicker due to his soccer background. However, the six-foot, 175-pound Afia has developed into an all-around safety, as he was a first-team, all-Sierra League selection as a defensive back.

Darrin Paulo – OL – Sacramento, Calif.

Another offensive lineman for Utah, Paulo was named to the MaxPreps second team all-state team as a senior at Grant High School. As a three-star recruit, Paulo brings more size to the already big class of lineman, coming in at 6-foot-5 and 315 pounds.

Tyrone Smith – WR – Fresno, Calif.

Smith not only signed his LOI today, but also enrolled at the school. The 6-foot-4 receiver did not play last season due to academic reasons, but Smith looks to make an impact early with his size. Will participate in spring ball.

Joseph Williams – RB – Allentown, Pa. 

Williams originally committed to UConn out of high school before running into trouble and transferring to ASA College, where he played last season. Williams has a lot of potential as he was named to the NJCAA All-American second team as a sophomore after rushing for 156.1 yards per game. Utah is raking in the JUCO transfers, yet again, and Williams will add to that list.

Cory Butler – CB – Compton, Calif.

The Utes look to the JUCO ranks again, nabbing cornerback Butler from LA Harbor College. The 5-foot-9, 175-pound transfer is a four-star recruit by both Rivals.com and Scout.com and is one of the higher-rated players Utah will get this year. Butler was No. 26 on the JUCO Top 50 list, as well as No. 17 on Rivals.com JC 2015 Postseason Prospect Rankings.

George Wilson – WR – Tustin, Calif.

Wilson is exactly what the Utes needed after the departure of Dres Anderson. The receiver comes in at 6-foot-3 and 185 pounds, and rates as a three-star recruit on Rivals.com. With Utah signing a lot of speed players, Wilson will be the perfect complement at outside receiver.

Notes: Timpview’s Britain Covey, American Fork’s James Empey, Brighton’s Cody Barton and Jake Grant from Scottsdale, Ariz. have all committed to the Utes, but will not be in this class.

Per Arizona Repbulic, Grant will gray shirt and sign with the Utes in January.

Empey plans on serving an LDS mission before suiting up for Utah.

Covey and Barton have both pledged their commitments to the program before signing day, but were not announced in this class.

@GriffDoug[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]