The Five Fall TV Shows You Should Be Excited For

The fall season brings audiences fresh TV entertainment — finally. Here is a look at some of the shows coming to TV this season. Caution: spoilers ahead.

What’s coming back:

CBS’s “Big Bang Theory” — Sept. 21

“Big Bang Theory” stole the collective heart of its audience with its witty dialogue, clever punch lines and hilarious characters. Now it’s back for Season 9.

The end of Season 8 left viewers with a “can’t close my mouth, I’m not exactly sure what just happened” cliffhanger. With Leonard (Johnny Galecki) and Penny (Kaley CuocoSweeting) off to elope and Sheldon (Jim Parsons) revealing a wedding ring minutes after Amy’s (Mayim Bialik) decision to call it quits, fans are sure to finally receive their longawaited answers this season.

Season 9 is likely to bring a turn of events, specifically in the future love lives of the favorite characters.

Fox’s “American Horror Story: Hotel” — Oct. 7

“American Horror Story” is back, and this time terror reigns in a hotel. Staying true to the show’s nature, “American Horror Story: Hotel” will include grotesque, disturbing scenes that are to look away from.

“American Horror Story’s” returning cast members include Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates, Matt Bomer, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Wes Bentley, Chloë Sevigny, Mare Winningham, Finn Wittrock and Denis O’Hare. This season also welcomes singer Lady Gaga, who is known for her odd and amusing antics.

CW’s “Arrow” — Oct. 7

Based on the DC Comics, “Arrow” tells the story of a young billionaire who changed his life to become a masked vigilante, fighting for the good of his hometown, Starling City. With the help of his colleagues and friends, John Diggle (David Ramsey), Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) and Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy), Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) is prepared to assume his role as the Green Arrow.

Heading into its fourth season, “Arrow” will bring more action, more drama and more villains to defeat. Fans should expect greater character development, new heroic gestures and deeper comic book storylines.

What’s new:

Fox’s “Scream Queens” — Sept. 22

From the creators of “Glee” and “American Horror Story” comes a new addictive TV series premiering on Fox. Combining comedy and horror, “Scream Queens” brings audiences a haunted sorority house and an hour of truly ear-piercing screams.

This show sports an impressive cast, including “American Horror Story’s” Emma Roberts and Skyler Samuels, “Glee’s” Lea Michele and long-time scream queen Jamie Lee Curtis. Appearances from Diego Boneta, Abigail Breslin, KeKe Palmer, Ariana Grande and Nick Jonas make this TV show one to at least take a look at.

NBC’s “Heroes Reborn” — Sept. 24

In 2010, award-winning TV show “Heroes” said its goodbye. Now, five years later, it returns with “Heroes Reborn.” Though the show features brand-new characters and welcomes different actors, it is expected to still center on a set of heroes who are trying to defeat those with ulterior motives.

Starring Jack Coleman, Ryan Guzman, Zachary Levi, Gatlin Green and Robbie Kay, Heroes Reborn transcends the supernatural world and delivers a fresh new fantasy mini-series.