New on Netflix: Superheroes, “Supernatural,” and feel-good Indie dramas

The October Netflix list is out, and great movies and TV shows are coming to the popular Internet streaming media. Here’s a look at five new shows and movies to look out for this October.

“About Alex”

A lesser-known indie film, “About Alex,” a film about life, friendship, and complicated situations, tugs at the heart strings. After the attempted suicide of a best friend, seven old college friends reunite to learn about each other’s lives and try to figure out the complications of life and love. “About Alex” is a feel-good movie that captures the hardest decisions anyone will have to make.

Aubrey Plaza (“Parks and Recreation”), Max Greenfield (“New Girl”) and Maggie Grace (“Taken”) star in “About Alex” with co-stars Max Minghella, Jason Ritter and Nate Parker.

“The Bourne Supremacy”

The second of the Bourne film series, “The Bourne Supremacy” finally premieres on Netflix. As one of Matt Damon’s most notable films, “The Bourne Supremacy” takes viewers on a thrilling ride.

Ex-assassin Jason Bourne is framed by the CIA and must return to his previous life in order to save his and his girlfriend’s lives. Julia StIles, Brian Cox and Karl Urban star alongside Damon the second installment of the Bourne series.

“Batman Begins”

Christian Bale’s debut performance as the Batman makes for one of the more anticipated films on Netflix in “Batman Begins.”

Bruce Wayne struggles with a less-than-ordinary life after his parents were murdered while he was still a child — he’s left to figure out the weight of the world on his own. He is trained and mentored by Henri Ducard and Ra’s Al Ghul on how to fight evil. But after he learns about their plan to destroy his hometown, Gotham City, he must take on the role of Batman and bring justice to the city.

Many familiar names appear in this superhero film, including Christian Bale, Liam Neeson, Katie Holmes, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Tom Wilkinson. All help to turn the beloved comic book story into a thrilling film.

“The Flash: Season 1”

The wait is almost over. The first season of CW’s “The Flash” premieres on Netflix on Oct. 6.

Based on the DC Comics, “The Flash” tells the story of Central City police forensic scientist, Barry Allen, who is struck by lightning and consequently receives the power of super speed. He must now learn to use his new-found power and defeat evil.

Grant Gustin stars as The Flash and is accompanied by Danielle Panabaker, Tom Cavanaugh and Jesse L. Martin.

“Supernatural: Season 10”

Before CW’s popular drama “Supernatural” premieres its 11th season on television, catch up with seasons one through 10 on Netflix. Season 10 of “Supernatural” debuts on Netflix on Oct. 7.

In this fantasy thriller, two brothers take over the family business of defeating evil supernatural beings, including monsters, demons, ghosts and other creepy things. “Supernatural” brings all the horror of a single scary movie while also including intricate plot lines throughout the series.

Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles star in this TV series.

See what else is coming and leaving on Netflix here: http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/whats-new-on-netflix-shows-movies/