I See Scary Movies: Six Best Films to Watch on Halloween

Pop some popcorn, turn off the lights and grab a friend, because it’s Halloween. And what a better way to spend Halloween than watching a scary movie?

Here’s a list of movies to watch this Halloween.

“When a Stranger Calls”

After the “When a Stranger Calls” remake came out in 2006, it was hard to stay home alone. That’s why this horror film is one to watch on the day when fear is most expected.

Jill Johnson reluctantly takes on a babysitting job at a home far from neighbors. During the night, Jill receives a series of harassing phone calls and learns that the calls are coming from inside the house. She must protect herself and the children from the stranger lurking within.

“When a Stranger Calls” will ensure jumps, shrieks and terrifying twists.

“House at the End of the Street”

Jennifer Lawrence and Max Thieriot star in this mystery thriller, “House at the End of the Street.”

Elissa (Lawrence) moves with her mom to a small town. They discover that an alarming incident happened at the house at the end of the street. When Elissa becomes involved with the only survivor of the incident (Thieriot), things get a little twisted, and she finds herself in a distressing situation.

“House at the End of the Street” will send shivers up your spine while it examines the psychological issues of humans.

“What Lies Beneath”

Starring Michelle Pfeiffer and Harrison Ford, “What Lies Beneath” is a classic scary movie.

Alarmed by the realization that her lakeside home may be haunted, Claire Spencer (Pfeiffer) takes to discovering the truth hidden within the confines of her own home. Though she is encouraged by her husband Norman Spencer (Ford) to believe that she is going mad, Claire soon unravels terrifying secrets about the one she loves most.

“What Lies Beneath,” packed with nail-biting scenes and superior acting, makes for a suspenseful Halloween film.

“Hocus Pocus”

For some comedic relief on Halloween, watch “Hocus Pocus.”

After being dead for 300 years, the Sanderson sisters, played by Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy, are resurrected after Max, the new kid in town, lights their black candle. The sisters, who happen to be witches, prepare for a night of tricks and spells to finally become immortal. Max, his sister Dani, his friend Allison and an immortal cat must escape the witches’ clutches and end their lives once and for all.

This family comedy turns Halloween into a lot of laughs, a couple screams and just a bunch of “Hocus Pocus.”

“Poltergeist”

“They’re here.” This oft-quoted line comes from the Steven Spielberg classic, “Poltergeist.”

When little Carol Anne starts speaking to the TV, her family thinks it’s only her imagination. But as odd occurrences start happening in their house and Carol Anne disappears, the family calls in professionals to get rid of the poltergeist harassing the house.

“Poltergeist” guarantees a night of classic terror and suspense.

“The Sixth Sense”

Like “Poltergeist,” “The Sixth Sense” also delivers frequently referenced line: “I see dead people.” Haley Joel Osment and Bruce Willis star in “The Sixth Sense,” a movie about life, death and getting to the other side.

Young Cole Sear (Osment) finds that he can speak to ghosts who don’t realize they’re dead. With the help of a child psychologist (Willis), Cole turns this presumed curse into a way to provide closure and answers for the departed. Together, they discover a secret neither of them had expected.