V2 Presents Get Freaky 2016 at Saltair

Alison Wonderland performs during the Get Freaky Rave at the Saltair in Magna, Utah on Friday, Oct. 28, 2016. (Rishi Deka, Daily Utah Chronicle)

The 2016 Get Freaky festival was a two-day sold out event with headliners Zeds Dead on Friday and Flux Pavilion on Saturday. This event and various other festivals like it are put on by V2 Presents each year. V2 provides audiences with talented artists and high-quality production with the mission of “capturing the heart and soul of dance music through world-class events,” as they say on their website.

Several opening acts warmed up the crowd on the main stage indoors including Kayzo, Nghtmre, Seven Lions and Alison Wonderland. On stage two there were multiple artists each hour, some of which included DJ Dizz, Brisk, EyeAm and AtrophIA, who gave festival-goers a show on the lawn outside. The DJs hyped up the crowd, having everyone raise their hands and jump around when the bass dropped.

Get Freaky was hosted at The Great Saltair; everywhere you looked inside that out-of-the-way building were attendees in Halloween costumes. Rockstar

sponsored the show, sporting a table set up in the back where they handed out free drinks to add even more to the overall energy. For those wanting a more adult beverage, the venue’s back two staircases led up to a bar and lounge area upstairs. The venue is large and spacious with an indoor balcony that wraps around, overlooking the crowd and stage. Outside, there is a balcony with a view of the swarm of people on the lawn — just over the fence is the Great Salt Lake.

In the crowd there were people doing light shows with LED-studded gloves and glow-in-the-dark novelty items. Onstage the DJs were effective at keeping the audience entertained. During the most energized moments of the night, confetti sprinkled over the crowd, beach balls were tossed around and fog shot out from the stage. The festival was a raging party that electronic music lovers cannot miss the next time V2 Presents hosts an event.