Runnin’ Utes Back Home To Face Competitive Northern California Schools

University of Utah sophomore guard Both Gach (11) dribbles during an NCAA Basketball game vs. the Washington State Cougars at the Jon M. Huntsman Center in Salt Lake City, Utah on Saturday, Jan. 25, 2020. (Photo by Abu Asib | The Daily Utah Chronicle)

By Mallory Arnold, Sports Writer

The University of Utah Runnin’ Utes (13-9, 4-6 Pac-12) are back home in the Jon M. Huntsman Center to take on the California Bears (10-12, 4-5 Pac-12).

California is currently eighth in Pac-12 play. Overall, the Runnin’ Utes are 16-15 against the Bears and have won the past two years versus Cal. Last year, Utah pulled out the win at 82-64, and the score was 77-43 the year before. Cal also travelled to Colorado this week. They lost to the No. 24 Buffs 71-65 on Thursday. Cal’s four wins in the Pac-12 come from beating Stanford, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State. Utah has faced and beat all of those four teams, so this game is set to be a great one for both teams.

This week in the Pac-12, No. 23 Arizona beat USC 85-80 and Arizona State beat UCLA 84-66. On Saturday, Stanford will face No. 24 Colorado, UCLA will play No. 23 Arizona, USC will travel to Arizona State and No. 14 Oregon will go against in-state rivals Oregon State. On Sunday, Washington will play Washington State.

If you can’t make it out to the Jon M. Huntsman Center, Saturday’s game will have live stats and live feeds via the Pac-12 Networks.

@mallory_kae