Chillfest to offer local music, food and fun for all ages

The first annual Chillfest will be Friday, Sept. 18 and starts at 2 p.m. Taking place at the Electric Park at Thanksgiving Point, it is an all-ages environment where you can enjoy a full day of adventures. What really makes this festival stand out, however, is the fact that food vendors and clothing booths will line the venue as well, giving you the chance to explore local talent and businesses, all while listening to amazing music.

This is not an event you want to miss, with an array of big names in music planning to hit the stage. The headliner for the event is Silento, the rapper behind the smash hit “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae),” which came out this year and peaked at No. 3 on Billboard’s Hot 100. Other performers include T-Pain, Us the Duo, Dia Frampton and Leilani Wolfgramm, among others. The food trucks will be in full force and will include Mouse Trap, Cupbop, Kotako, Boba Shack and many others. Needless to say, you will experience many of the local foods that make Utah so special.

A portion of the proceeds during the event will be donated to Music Makes Music, a peer-to-peer organization to keep kids off of drugs and in school with the power of music and creativity. In the five years since Music Makes Music was founded they have educated over 250,000 students in over 300 schools in the Western United States about the harms of drugs and the power of self-reliance.

You can purchase tickets to the event and find a full list of performers/ vendors here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/chillfest-2015-t-pain-shaggy-us-the-duo-dia-frampton-more-tickets-17283021984.

To find out more about Music Makes Music, visit their website at http://musicmakesmusic.org.

If you use the code SOCIAL you can get $5 off your tickets as well!

Follow along on social medias via @chillfestmusic.