Jensen-Coon: Don’t Hit the Snooze, Be Enthused!

Good morning. There is such thing as a good morning, right? More often than not people see mornings as a drag. Many individuals struggle to like or even understand how someone could love mornings. But our mornings can make a great impact on the rest of our day, and this is why I find it is surprising that more people don’t try to find ways to embrace this peaceful time of day.

When we were younger the saying, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day,” haunted us. However, it is not often stated that mornings are the most important part of the day. They can either jump start or stall our day, so it makes sense that they would be the most fundamental time. It determines our mood and can impact our actions for the next 16 hours. Mornings are crucial for success and happiness, and earlier mornings could lead to an increase in both of these things.

The morning is an allusive time, encouraging creative thinking and invigorating relaxation. Invigorating and relaxing seem like they shouldn’t go together, but this is a fun paradox that good mornings create. When a morning starts off splendidly there is a fine balance of feeling energized but also present and prepared. It’s as if your mind could achieve anything in that fresh moment.

The times when I am up at five thirty or six A.M. make me feel that they are the most productive and effective days. When 10 A.M. rolls around I feel ecstatic because I have already accomplished a great deal of work. Is there any better feeling than achievement? I love it when I can get up, read, run, eat, shower and start doing homework/work, and then I get so much more finished with the rest of the day too. Morning motivation can be powerful and motivating.

So, how are we to achieve these sensational mornings? All the different morning routine ideas have to do with enhancing your thinking capability and energy levels. To me these seem they could be tailored to the individual, but there are some standard things always suggested: 1) exercise 2) plan for the day 3) meditate. These three things are consistently mentioned in article after article about the importance of a morning routine. Meditation and exercise can help you get focused and mentally ready for the rest of the day.

One suggestion I had never heard of but have been practicing came from a book I read on morning routines called, “Importance of a Morning Ritual”. The author, Branislav Teofilovic, suggests that reading in the morning for 15 minutes can be an enhancement to a productive routine, especially if it is a motivational book or one about something to do with your career.

All in all, mornings will always come and we will always have to face them. So, why not embrace them and find a new way to love mornings? Maybe you make yourself your favorite drink every time you wake up to help you feel happy, or maybe you could spend a few moments doing whatever you like the most to make the adjustment to an earlier morning smooth and desirable. Trust me, I used to not be a morning person, but now I love mornings and prefer early ones. Habits like this are worth developing, so make your morning something to look forward to.

Source: https://entrepreneurs.maqtoob.com/importance-of-a-morning-ritual-c3115bacaf2a