Reimherr welcomes student input

In response to Jeremy Thompson’s article, (“Sustainability fee passes temporarily; ASUU must reconcile versions of bill,” March 11), I would like to address a few issues.

The Chronicle quoted me: “I don’t need student input to propose a fee increase, I have the power to do it without.” Not only is this statement inexcusable, it is also untrue. I promise you that at no point during or after the meeting, or in any meeting, have I ever uttered those words. Multiple individuals can attest to the fact that I have not and never would say those words.

The reporter approached me after the meeting and asked for a quote. Not wanting to be misquoted, I apprehensively asked what aspect of the meeting in particular he wanted me to address. After asking about the sustainability fee, I told him that I thought that what came out of the Trustees was a moderate compromise, which I believe it was.

My job is impossible without input from students. In every important decision, we have attempted to gain student input, feedback and involvement. Student input is the most important thing to me, and I have always welcomed and strived to obtain it. I would love to address as well as discuss any questions or concerns you might have.

Patrick Reimherr,
President, Associated Students of the University of Utah