Campus store celebrates U fans

Patrons attend fan appreciation day last Friday.

Fans got autographs from the U men’s basketball team and bought discounted team gear at the 8th annual Fan Appreciation Day on Friday at the University Campus Store.
“It’s basically a way for us to show our fans how much we love them. We offer a discount here at the store. We also do face painting, free food, a DJ, pictures with Swoop and the basketball team. It’s a really great night tonight,” said Hilary Dent, marketing manager for the U Bookstore.
The athletics department hosted Fanfest at Rice-Eccles Stadium on Aug. 24 but Dent says that there is a difference between Fanfest and Fan Appreciation Day.
“Fanfest is very football-oriented, this is Fan Appreciation Night for fans of the campus store. They’re also fans of athletics, it goes hand in hand because we sell so much University of Utah merchandise,” Dent said.
Ten of the 12 members of the basketball team, as well as head coach Larry Krystkowiak, were in attendance for the beginning of the event but left shortly after and before they could be reached for comment.
Even with the early departure of the basketball team, fans that did make it out to the event had a good time.
“My wife saw the event in the paper and told me that I had to come out and show my support for the U. We caught the basketball team as they were leaving so that was unfortunate. We do feel appreciated, free food, face painting for the kids, it’s great,” said Ryan Roush, who was in attendance with his son, Everest.
While there were lots of activities for kids and free food, the campus store also offered a 30 percent discount on merchandise.
“I came for the discounted gear and the appreciation night. I come to these events often and I love them,” said Gregg Thompson, an associate dean with the Marriott Library.
Fan Appreciation Night has been in the planning stages for two months and cost $3,000. None of those funds came from the school.
“The bookstore is self-sufficient so we paid for all of the expenses out of our budget and we actually give some money to the school,” Dent said.
While no official number was given, Dent said she expected around 700 people to attend Fan Appreciation Night throughout the course of the event.
The event happens every year in September, but this is not the only appreciation event the campus store will put on this year.
“We host a student appreciation during the day in April. We encourage students to come in the store, we have different activities for them, free food, and a discount in the store,” said Dent.

• C

classicpoloSep 30, 2013 at 12:57 am

Classicpolo is one of the best brands for exclusive
    collections . you can Buy shirts online, buy t-shirts online ,buy formal shirts
    online from our store @classicpolos.com. we have widest range of collections.
    you can choose the best pants . Buy pants online and Buy trousers online from
    the store at best price
    Buy T-shirts online

• C

classicpoloSep 30, 2013 at 12:57 am

the store at best price

Buy T-shirts online

• C

classicpoloSep 30, 2013 at 12:56 am

Buy formal shirts online
    the store at best price

• C

classicpoloSep 30, 2013 at 12:56 am

Buy formal shirts online

the store at best price