End of semester puts students in finals frenzy

Students studying in the Marriott Library Sunday night. — Chris Ayers
Finals are in two weeks and most students are busy gearing up for the exams and papers ahead.

With just a few sessions left of classes, students have moved beyond the daily tasks of class and on to stressing about their final grades.

“We have a group portfolio and individual portfolios due for finals. So my individual is writing my reflections on this class. Group is analyzing a group study and preparing a PowerPoint presentation,” said Sashka B. Straley, a student in mass communication. “Group work is hard because two members have not done anything.”

Simhyun Jung, a student in biomedical engineering had a different opinion. Jung does most of his preparations by reviewing past lectures.

“I make my own notes in order to review the lectures easily,” Jung said. “I get stressed out for some classes, but I don’t for the others. The main reason I get stressed out is because of the burdens. However, I don’t get stress much for the other classes since I am on the average, so I don’t care much for the final grade.”

Fall Semester ends on Dec. 13.