“Hard Work and Tireless Effort” Pay Off for Caroline Daley, Recipient of AMA Award

After an evening of excitement and anticipation, all Caroline Daley could do was weave through galleries of aquariums, wonder-struck that she’d received the Marketing Student of the Year award.

Daley received the recognition at the annual Utah Marketing Awards (UMA) ceremony, held Nov. 11 at the Loveland Aquarium, where 100 people attended and 10 were awarded. This is the first time a marketing student from the U’s collegiate chapter of the Utah American Marketing Association (AMA) has received the honor.

“That morning I woke up at five,” said Daley, a junior in marketing, psychology, and arts and technology. “I never do that, but I couldn’t stop thinking about the chance of me getting the recognition. I wanted to plan what I was going to say, just in case.”

Daley is the communications director for AMA. It’s her responsibility to create relationships with professors and students, as well as notify members of the group of events and campaigns. She’s worked to improve networking within Utah’s chapter.

“We could have done nothing this year without her hard work and tireless efforts to build the AMA,” said Danielle Maxfield, AMA president of the U’s chapter. “The students are nominated by a faculty member and then interviewed. They want to look at what the student has done and how.”

With the trophy in hand, Daley dreams of excelling in marketing and opening her own coffee shop one day.

@chriswritine