More to Feminism than Meets the Eye

Feminism — what a taboo word it has become. When I tell people I identify as a feminist, I usually get a negative reaction. Most men I talk to about feminism have the idea that feminists are exclusively extremists, ones who want to rule the world, hate all men, complain about everything, the list goes on. I want to explain my definition of feminism and encourage everyone — including men — to identify as feminists.

There are many aspects to my definition of feminism. First, you must understand that historically some feminists think they can speak for all women. This is incorrect. In order to be a feminist, you must learn the definition of intersectionality. This word indicates the inclusion of all human characteristics into possible identifications. The mixture that makes you, you. For example, my intersectionality is white, female, student, middle-class, mom, abled, etc. Feminists need to realize everyone has a different intersectionality, therefore, you cannot speak for every woman. White women don’t understand the inequality minorities face. Most upper-class women don’t understand what it’s like to be poor. Straight women don’t understand what the LGBTQ+ community goes through. We all must realize everyone’s different identities and learn from them, stand up for them, and encourage them.

Second, I do not hate men. Let me repeat, I do not hate men. This is a misrepresentation of feminism. And if you identify as a feminist and say as a feminist that you hate men, then you are completely misinterpreting what this identity stands for. To be a feminist means wanting every person to be treated equally, and this includes men. What men need to realize, however, is that women have not been treated equally, and they still aren’t today. We have made progress, but that doesn’t mean we are equal. It is a fact that women, statistically speaking, get paid less than men in the work force. This does not mean every job and company pays women less. This means, on average, women get paid less for the same work. This is part of the fight for equality, and I would think most men would want this fixed.

We do live in a patriarchal society. Throughout history, positions of power have been held predominantly by men. For example, there are more men in politics than women by a large number. Though this is true, it does not mean I hate every man who is a politician or that I wish them ill. What I want to fight for is diversity, because this would represent all Americans, meaning more people would be understood. My point is as a woman, I do not want a man making decisions about my body. Whether you’re for or against Planned Parenthood, abortion, birth control, maternity care, etc., we should have women making these decisions for women, both Republican and Democrat.

The same goes for minorities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, the impoverished. White men and women only should not be representing all of the above. I am not saying white men can’t make good decisions. I’m saying they don’t fully understand what these identities mean and go through on a daily basis.

What makes the identity of feminism difficult to embrace is the extreme women who speak louder than the rest. The biggest thing I want to point out is, this is a small group of women, and they do not represent us all. A huge problem America is facing today is media misrepresentation. One example is the Black Lives Matter movement. This group wasn’t created for violence. This group was created to bring light to injustice, to fight for equality, to bring people together who understand each other. Instead, the media has created a negative view and only shows a few people who ruin it for the rest. It isn’t fair to judge people based on one bad experience with another person who identifies the same way. Maybe you heard a feminist explain how much they hate men and are disrespectful, but this does not mean this is how all feminists are.

People need to learn to have an open mind about other people. Most of us want the same things. We want equality for everyone of all shapes, sizes and identities. We don’t want violence or injustice. Feminism isn’t about women hating men and leaving all other identities out. It’s about equality for all people, empathy, love and treating all people with respect. Based on my definition, I would hope people who have a negative view on feminists have learned something, and maybe next time you meet one, you can have respect for them and an open mind. I’m proud to label myself a feminist because of my definition of feminism, and you can bet I will fight for it.

• T

TimJul 8, 2017 at 5:53 am

You’re a liar. To wit:

It’s always and only about one thing: Free Money. That’s what’s at the heart of it all. Women and minorities use the state to force wealth and power from those that have it to those that simply demand it for themselves (women and minorities). How do they do it? They vote for Democrats, the ‘party’ of minorities, gays, feminists, illegal aliens, lesbians, socialists, white haters, transgenders and atheists. Free food! Free housing! Free healthcare! Free education! Free mandatory paid maternity leave! Free mandatory paid period leave! Free mandatory minimum income! Down with the cops! Down with the constitution! Down with white people! Down with borders! Down with CisHet white males! Down with Christianity! Down with America! Allahu Akbar!

Trillions in wealth and power have already been forcefully transferred through no-fault divorce, Title IX, Affirmative Action, alimony, asset division, child support and the vast majority of federal and state heath/education/welfare spending going to women and minorities even though white males do now and have always paid the vast majority of taxes; hence the skyrocketing suicide rate for white males. Does anyone really care? Not a bit. Men are disposable then, now and always will be in the future. Women & the state have always been the privileged class, both using men like disposable gloves for their dirty work & dying.

Why does the state allow it? The state allows it because the state is the biggest promoter of forced wealth transfer from others to itself – and it buys votes from women and minorities to continue their long con. Pair that with male disposability and you understand it all. If you try to fight it, the state will simply create new laws even more misandric than the last to shut you down. Speak openly and candidly in public and you’ll be targeted for financial and legal destruction; hence all the stories in the news about white men losing their jobs after confronting and fairly or humorously criticizing women and minorities – and the ever increasing stories of men’s lives destroyed through false accusations of rape and sexual assault.

Affirmative Consent, the latest of such anti-male laws, ejects men from college following a woman’s sexual assault accusation alone, over turning presumption of innocence and due process for men upon the wrath of a woman scorned. Women, minorities and the state are simply ‘culturally appropriating’ the spoils of white, male, heterosexual, Christian, European creation for themselves. It’s all socialism (forced wealth transfer) – and the state enriches itself through selling you out to women and minorities.

Women and the state sold men out long ago. If you still buy the illusions and enchantments, you’re a sad, sad case. Welcome to reality. Never give a woman and/or the state any level of legal and/or financial power over your life. It’s all about money and power and forcing it from the group that earned it to the group that simply demands it for themselves (women, minorities, the state), via corrupt state power and the voting system.

The Big Lie will rue the day men awaken – and that process is now well underway. “Oh what tangled webs we weave – when we practice to deceive.”

The danger to Western civilization is no longer the lies of feminism, but men’s gradual awakening to the lies hidden within feminism & gynocentrism and the lies feminists, gynocentrists and the state use to whitewash the lies feminists use to cover their other lies – like the ‘pay gap’. Ever wonder why feminists don’t discuss the ‘empathy gap’ (men’s much harsher punishments for the same crimes), the ‘war and workplace death gap’, nor the ‘suicide gap’? Because those don’t buy feminists, minorities and the state free stuff. This is why feminists work so diligently to destroy male spaces and hide posts like my own. To survive, feminism must have power over speech, voices, opinions and thought; hence the feminist annihilation of male-only spaces in favor of female-controlled spaces. It’s all gynocentric social conditioning and brainwashing.

Female oppression, and hence feminism, it’s foundation based in gynocentrism, is a lie of inconceivable proportions, to wit:

1: Everything upon the earth was built by men. There’s not a single, substantial structure on the earth primarily built by women.

2: It was men that were trafficked, exploited, used, manipulated, brainwashed and disposed of in all the wars for the advancement of women and the state.

3: Men have always been primarily responsible for working the most dirty, most dangerous, most life shortening, most back breaking jobs, for the advancement of women and the state.

4: Women demand quotas only in the most prestigious, most powerful, most lucrative positions and didn’t demand their place in employment until after men made work relatively safe, broken nail free and mussed hair proof.

5: Men pay the majority of taxes, but the vast majority of spending on healthcare, welfare and education is spent at the state and federal level on women.

6: The vast majority of alimony, asset division and child support flows from men to women.

7: Trillions in wealth and power have been forcefully transferred, via state power, from men to women and the state through Affirmative Action, Title IX, alimony, asset division and child support (alimony++).

8: Affirmative Consent – a feminist creation like no-fault divorce (legislation written by NAWL), seeks to remove men’s rights to presumption of innocence and due process at the behest of a woman scorned, on her word alone.

9: Feminists, while standing tall against the idea of men defining femininity, insist on defining and redefining masculinity.

10: Feminists claim sole ownership of victimhood and ignore the many benefits patriarchy has bestowed upon women whilst also ignoring the billions of male victims of gynocentrism.

What do feminists say in response to the above? It’s all the fault of ‘toxic masculinity’. In other words, they ‘victim blame’. “You should not have worn such masculine clothes. You should not have displayed your muscles and instead worn a long sleeve shirt to cover them from bulging out so. You should have raised your voice a few octaves so as not to attract the misandric attention of women and the state, both of whom see men as disposable utilities with which to do their dirty work. It’s all your fault. You shouldn’t have been so brazen as to expose your masculinity or none of it would have ever happened. If only men would behave in a more womanly like manner – women wouldn’t see the opportunity to financially rape men and dispose of men in war for their own perverted self-satisfaction and lust for power over men.”

Under any other context, all the above would be considered war crimes against men. But since it’s only men that get the shaft – they just hand out empty medals and pin them to the body bags or toe tags. Male disposability. It’s all the rage. It’s a massive crime hidden in plain sight.

Never give a woman and/or the state any level of legal, financial, emotional, physical, intellectual, psychological nor spiritual power over your life. They’ve many a way to make you suffer that kind of horrific decision.

Simple, logical, fair explanation of reality – minus the gynocentric illusions and enchantments we’re all supposed to swallow as gospel.

• S

Stephen PrattNov 26, 2017 at 11:06 am

Tim,
      I know this is old, and while there are many great points you make that the visible argument under feminism does NOT address (proving that all feminists are extreme even if they don’t believe it).
      Your bullet point list about “men did this” are non-arguments.
      It doesn’t matter who guilt them because that sounds very collectivist in that mentality.
      feminism is very collectivist. (ie.. women have been oppressed for centuries). as if that means something about today and the individual woman.
      Just because men built something (or a man designed something) does not mean you get to take credit by proxy.

That said.. The reason why this article is bunk is not for the reason you say.
      it is the fallacy feminists use to justify having a label they feel attached to.
      eg… “Well my definition of feminism means…” which means my feminism is the “true feminism”
      “Intersectionality” I haven’t read one feminist article where they condemn the “privilege + power” argument made about racism and sexism. This theory suggests that women are always the victim even if a man is a victim, the woman has it worse or it is some how against women that men have it bad.
      It also applies the “affirming the consequent” fallacy to believe in Intersectionality.

lastly it eluded to the pay gap, which has been so thoroughly debunked that she had to say “well not all jobs under pay women”. But will not give proof that if a woman is paid less it is BECAUSE she is a woman, they just believe it. (because if any proof can be provided they could sue and win and lawyers would take that case FOR FREE as it is guaranteed win. so there really is no excuse for not prosecuting except to say “I’m a woman so I get paid less”.
      So far, I have only came across 4 or 5 reasonable feminists who don’t get quoted in the “mainstream” of feminism. But they sure do get “debunked” by feminists all the time.

• B

bongstar420Mar 14, 2019 at 6:31 pm

Why don’t I have the right to be productive without some rich parasite taking a profit?
      …as a “privileged” white male
      I’m homeless btw. My privilege serves me well!

Perhaps you can’t earn something you didn’t do yourself.